Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bobby Madley

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I note that he refers to a 'final written warning' does this suggest that he had already had a number of written warnings for something else?

Otherwise the consequence seems pretty harsh for his misdemeanor.
No.

The word final, in this instance denotes there will be no more.
Not there have been others previously.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I note that he refers to a 'final written warning' does this suggest that he had already had a number of written warnings for something else?

Otherwise the consequence seems pretty harsh for his misdemeanor.

I think you misread that part mate. I think he’s implying that he should’ve received one written warning as the final one rather than the normal 3 written warnings

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Fair enough. I think I did misread it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you misread that part mate. I think he’s implying that he should’ve received one written warning as the final one rather than the normal 3 written warnings

Not for Gross Misconduct, if that's on the table then it's pretty much game over.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If his version of events is true, he has been unlucky. I suspect that it was used as the excuse to get rid of him. Had he been highly respected by his employer, then he probably would have been given a warning.
Shit happens sometimes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He was properly shafted with that sacking. Good luck to him, I hope he manages to rebuild his refereeing career. There were (and still are) a lot worse refs around than him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Amazing how a completely false rumour on social media can stick and follow someone around, and end up almost defining them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here