Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Sports you have played and been selected in.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Rugby...Navy and Hampshire
Darts...Hampshire
American football...Portsmouth warriors and Great Britain

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Football
Cricket
Rugby
Pool & Darts
Karting (Endurance)
Sea Fishing (Beach)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Karting (Endurance)

Blimey another Kart Driver, where & when did you race?

My era was 1973-1980 in the North-West. Raced 100 Junior and 100 National. 3 Heats and a Final Format. My Dad being an ex Motorcycle Racer knew how to make engines go fast so I won a fair bit at Club/Regional Level. Sadly most of the Circuits I raced at have gone...

As this thread is about being selected for Teams I was told I had a chance of getting in the UK Junior Team after I won the North-West Championship in 1976 (very fast circuit, my motor had the legs of the rest!) but you had to pay for your own travel to do the European Championships so it didn't happen... :down:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Rugby
Cricket
Football
Badminton
Softball
Athletics - shot put and javelin specifically
Hockey
Squash
Swimming

Pretty standard fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Blimey another Kart Driver, where & when did you race?

My era was 1973-1980 in the North-West. Raced 100 Junior and 100 National. 3 Heats and a Final Format. My Dad being an ex Motorcycle Racer knew how to make engines go fast so I won a fair bit at Club/Regional Level. Sadly most of the Circuits I raced at have gone...

As this thread is about being selected for Teams I was told I had a chance of getting in the UK Junior Team after I won the North-West Championship in 1976 (very fast circuit, my motor had the legs of the rest!) but you had to pay for your own travel to do the European Championships so it didn't happen... :down:

nowhere near your level by the looks

raced local Buckmore & Lydd mostly back in the 90's

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Football - School
Cricket - School and Club
Bowls - Club and County.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Football - school and village
Ten pin bowling - league
Darts - Pub team
Bar billiards - Pub team

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Man alive, this thread has got me a bit depressed. I’ve enjoyed many sports over the years, but I’m clearly crap as I’ve never been picked to play anything other than football.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Man alive, this thread has got me a bit depressed. I’ve enjoyed many sports over the years, but I’m clearly crap as I’ve never been picked to play anything other than football.

Cheer up, the last two to get picked when I was at school was always me and the kid that pissed himself if you made him laugh.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Did playing rugby for the Navy take you to any interesting grounds, Dave...?
You know FULL well they did you RASCAL.
You also know that I never mention it

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Under 15 footie (Rugby League) in Sydney. Made a few good runs but always got pounced on. Good fun asked to make up the numbers by their coach, a work colleague, who obviously wanted me to get the clattering I got. I was only 7 years older....

Nearly Sussex schools county Basketball squad. One person had to be left at the lodgings because the minibus couldn't fit all players and organisers in. ****s. That was a miserable afternoon spent alone in the middle of nowhere.

Football, cricket, squash, cross country, athletics, team of 4 sailing the Atlantic and NSC Weakest Link Relay team

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Football
Cricket
Table Tennis

Which one did I enjoy the most? Undoubtedly, cricket and whilst a very average batsman it was my Saturday afternoon for about 25 years.

Which one was I the best at? That would be table tennis. Won the Eastbourne junior doubles final when 17 but in same tournament unfortunately lost the boys singles final. And please don't ever call it ping pong! :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here