Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Sports you have played and been selected in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Netball - youth club team
Hockey - Grammar school, HMS Mercury and HMS Warrior

Volleyball- player/coach. Youth services

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For how many sports/games have you been selected to represent a team.

My offering is as follows

Football
Cricket
Darts
Rugby
Coxless 4's rowing
Table Tennis
Golf
Chess

Anyone got anything really obscure.?

Showoff.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wiltshire schoolboys cricket
South western schoolboys. Cricket
Sussex young cricketers

Southern county shot and discuss representative in uk championships

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Selected (myself) for pocket billiards

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Football
Cricket
Table Tennis

Which one did I enjoy the most? Undoubtedly, cricket and whilst a very average batsman it was my Saturday afternoon for about 25 years.

Which one was I the best at? That would be table tennis. Won the Eastbourne junior doubles final when 17 but in same tournament unfortunately lost the boys singles final. And please don't ever call it ping pong! :(

Yes, but have you ever watched Ping Pong? YouTube the Ping Pong World Championships - different rules, arguably a different sport but if, like me, you love table tennis, you'll love ping-pong. Sat and watched it on TV with Mrs Earle last year from early rounds to the final in one binge session as we couldn't switch it off!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Yes, but have you ever watched Ping Pong? YouTube the Ping Pong World Championships - different rules, arguably a different sport but if, like me, you love table tennis, you'll love ping-pong. Sat and watched it on TV with Mrs Earle last year from early rounds to the final in one binge session as we couldn't switch it off!

Hated it! I actually love the technical side of the modern game with the carbon blades and Tenergy bat rubbers.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hated it! I actually love the technical side of the modern game with the carbon blades and Tenergy bat rubbers.

I love the technical side too, but I like the challenge of bringing it back from the equipment to the player and adding a bit of razzamataz to the proceedings. Feels a bit more like the best man wins rather than the best technology in the hand. Recently been playing with my non dominant hand, due to injury, and it's a bit similar. Massive focus and concentration required and the brain training is like learning a new language or a musical instrument. Apparently adds several points to the IQ too!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I love the technical side too, but I like the challenge of bringing it back from the equipment to the player and adding a bit of razzamataz to the proceedings. Feels a bit more like the best man wins rather than the best technology in the hand. Recently been playing with my non dominant hand, due to injury, and it's a bit similar. Massive focus and concentration required and the brain training is like learning a new language or a musical instrument. Apparently adds several points to the IQ too!

An ambidextrous ping ponger is a novelty only to be matched in a seedy bar in Bangkok. Full concentration required.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Football
Cricket
Rugby
Cross-country running
Team chasing
Basketball
1500m
Water polo

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Cricket - school captain, many clubs and Sussex u13 trialist - now coach county age group
Football - school [primary & secondary], Sussex league
Athletics - schools high-jump finalist @ Withdean
School Gym display team
Rugby - school
Basketball - school
Darts - Spanish Lady - house champion 1977
Golf - works team
Motorcycle road-racing - National licence holder

At school I also did Hockey, Tennis, Squash, Athletics, Trampolining, Cross-country and now dabbling with walking football.

Fair to say I loved my sport ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here