Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Greyhound saying his goodbyes on Instagram?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
jose.png

I'm wondering if he might be suffering from a rectal prolapse.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Really? If hemed goes as well then the full squad doesn't look crystal clear

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He said ' see you when I next see you.' That is stating the obvious, is it not?

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
Doesn't that literally translate as "See you when WE see you" which - if sent from Schelotto - suggests the opposite, i.e. Izquierdo's going to be absent for a while and Schelotto's wishing him well on behalf of the squad.

As someone who translates from Spanish as one of my main lines of work, I can tell you that it does not. The 'we' = me and you (or in this case Galgo & Izquierdo), = we'll see each other who knows when...
I don't translate emojis as part of my day job, but I think I'd interpret that post as a bye bye message :(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I must have misunderstood it as I thought that if you only named 24 in your squad you could name that signing as the 25th and play him.
I think there is confusion because of a potentially misleading mirror article. This article stated no free agents now at all for the PL.

However, whilst the ability to name a 24 man squad and then sign a free agent any time may have been stopped, PL squads are not finalised until the start of September - so there could still be scope to sign one before then ? ???

I I hope so - if both Hemed AND Schelotto go.
yu

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Can we not do some presto-chango to keep our English-born-and-bred striker Tommy Hammond, whilst sadly saying goodbye to Israeli winger Solomon M'rach?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think there is confusion because of a potentially misleading mirror article. This article stated no free agents now at all for the PL.

However, whilst the ability to name a 24 man squad and then sign a free agent any time may have been stopped, PL squads are not finalised until the start of September - so there could still be scope to sign one before then?
That Mirror article seems pretty positive. I've trawled through several articles (newspapers, BBC, Sky Sports, even the PL handbook) and I can't find anything that contradicts it. Have you got a source?

As for finalising the squad list, isn't that just internally? For instance, as we have one too many non HGPs we might leave Suttner off the list. If Schelotto than leaves to return to his old club, presumably we could then add Suttner as our 17th non HGP before the squad is finalised on 31st.August. That is different to bringing someone in.

Chapter and verse..............anybody?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

However, whilst the ability to name a 24 man squad and then sign a free agent any time may have been stopped, PL squads are not finalised until the start of September - so there could still be scope to sign one before then ? ???

I I hope so - if both Hemed AND Schelotto go.
yu

Hemed's not going anywhere.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Maybe a year or two later then he, and one or two other players lived in Greenacres, Shoreham, they used to drink in the Amsterdam.

North Lane, Portslade. Well he did in the summer of 1979.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That Mirror article seems pretty positive. I've trawled through several articles (newspapers, BBC, Sky Sports, even the PL handbook) and I can't find anything that contradicts it. Have you got a source?

As for finalising the squad list, isn't that just internally? For instance, as we have one too many non HGPs we might leave Suttner off the list. If Schelotto than leaves to return to his old club, presumably we could then add Suttner as our 17th non HGP before the squad is finalised on 31st.August. That is different to bringing someone in.

Chapter and verse..............anybody?

That is how i've understood it.

We are unable to sign any players, including free agents outside of the transfer window.

We can change the 25 man squad up until it needs to be finalised however any player added has to have been signed to the club prior to the transfer window closing.

I do wonder how the unable to sign free agents rule would hold up if challenged under employment law as it is restricting someone's right to work. You can sign for a club but not play in matches is fine as it's a rule that is specific to the sport and doesn't prevent someone from getting a job.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here