Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lancing boil the Heath - the FA Cup has begun

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I played for Lancing in the FA Cup. Mid 80's. Actually went looking for their result earlier.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Haywards Heath are out? :nono:

Oh well, they can concentrate on the league.

Good read, by the way, Warren. :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Their "Cup Final" was clearly beating Albion's U-18s in the Sussex Community Shield. They are on the beach now!

Are there any Half and Half scarves left? I could be interested. :)

I was expecting a thread this weekend, with it being an internationals break, about alternative matches. Couldn't find one, so looked back for the most recent FA Cup thread, and this is it - just six posts! Is this a reflection of the current interest in the competition, whose coffin was further nailed by the abolition of replays in some rounds?
I'll still post my pic,
1zb3qye.jpg
it seems noone will be interested!
1zb3qye.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was expecting a thread this weekend, with it being an internationals break, about alternative matches. Couldn't find one, so looked back for the most recent FA Cup thread, and this is it - just six posts! Is this a reflection of the current interest in the competition, whose coffin was further nailed by the abolition of replays in some rounds?
I'll still post my pic, it seems noone will be interested!

As Albion didn't have a game I wanted to watch some local non league football.
Unfortunately Newhaven got knocked out of the FA Cup in the last pre qualifying round ( I went to that match ) they didn't have a league game yesterday as their opponents were still in the cup.
Whitehawk and Lewes had away ties in the cup.
And Peacehaven also out of the cup were away.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I'll still post my pic,
1zb3qye.jpg
it seems noone will be interested!
1zb3qye.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_3884.JPG
I went to FA Cup game yesterday. Hastings Utd v Kingstonian. 2-1 to Hastings, decent game. Att 602.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Lancing have their replay (drew 2-2) against Phoenix Sports Tuesday night if you're any where near Culver Road.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Lewes's replay against Farnborough Town is Wednesday night, 745.

Not sure if the Rooks' Bermudan striker Jonte Smith will be back from international duty by then, but they are playing some good stuff this season so get down to the Pan Siro if you are missing your footie (or Harvey's) fix.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I went to Burgess Hill vs Folkestone Invicta. BHTFC won 1-0, decent game with both keepers making a couple of great saves. Connor Tighe didn't look all that - seemed to be playing deeper than suits his game, and spent most of the game frustrated and shouting at either himself or his teammates.

Prize money for winning teams in 1st Round Qualifying on Saturday was £6,000 so a decent sum for clubs like the Hill.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
We've ( Leiston FC ) have been drawn at home to Hastings in 2nd qualifying rd if we manage to see off Cheshunt at home in tomorrow's replay.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Lewes through 4-1 on penalties (1-1 aet) after a hard-fought replay at the Pan Siro. Crowd of almost 400, down a bit on League crowd average as STs not valid and FA rules mean no drinking in sight of pitch.

Interestingly, Farnborough had an outfield player in goal, supposedly as their goalie didn't show up. Qualifying rounds tinpottery at its best from the 'ampshire side. He did very well but came unstuck in the shoot-out.

The Rooks travel to Kings Langley of the same (Southern Premier) League as Farnborough in Q2 a week on Saturday (22nd), looking to add to the £6k FA payout for winning in Q1.

I bloody love the FA Cup! (There, I've said it).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

View attachment 100443
I went to FA Cup game yesterday. Hastings Utd v Kingstonian. 2-1 to Hastings, decent game. Att 602.
Did you have to repeat my mistake? :) If that's the Pilot Field, your pic makes the stand look longer than it actually is! What's going on at the near side, or is it also a cricket ground?
I won't part with £7 for this level of football, so I just went to the ground for the last few minutes and saw AFC score the winner (2-1, att. 216). They're at Burton Latimer today taking on Kettering Town.

Last edited:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Lancing have been reinstated as Phoenix Sports fielded an illegible player during the replay.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here