Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Drunk on a passenger aircraft.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Man there are some miserable killjoy mother****ers on here. I'm completely against anti social behaviour on planes or anywhere else. But the idea of banning drinking before flying? What the actual ****? Go have a word with yourselves.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
As for people drinking at 7.00 in the morning, wtf is wrong with you?

On a normal 7am I have only been awake for 30mins, I haven't eaten yet, I have to drive a car. I have a job to go through. I couldn't even stomach the idea of an ice cold beverage.

On a holiday 7am I have probably been up 3 hours, had breakfast ages ago, have NO vehicle to drive and am free of responsibility.

Have no reason why a beer should be frowned upon if you fancy it. What's the golden time one is allowed to consume?

And this is coming from someone who doesn't drink at home and, even at the football, probably has 2 pints. I'm certainly no larger lout.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The answer is simple, don’t sell alcohol at airports. Why people feel the need to get pissed up before flying is beyond me. As for people drinking at 7.00 in the morning, wtf is wrong with you?

Must be great arriving at your destination with a hangover.

Having two or three pints before a three hour flight to Lanzarote generally won't result in a hangover :shrug:

It would me. Fortunately I won’t be doing either.

Dunno about you, but I want to know what time the party starts at [MENTION=3711]Driver8[/MENTION] 's

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
On a normal 7am I have only been awake for 30mins, I haven't eaten yet, I have to drive a car. I have a job to go through. I couldn't even stomach the idea of an ice cold beverage.

On a holiday 7am I have probably been up 3 hours, had breakfast ages ago, have NO vehicle to drive and am free of responsibility.

Have no reason why a beer should be frowned upon if you fancy it. What's the golden time one is allowed to consume?

And this is coming from someone who doesn't drink at home and, even at the football, probably has 2 pints. I'm certainly no larger lout.
Completely agree. Are you a smaller lout though?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Everybody can make a bad judgement call, so I would impose a fine/temporary ban on first airborne offence as long as it didn't put the aircraft in danger.

Second offence. Complete worldwide ban on flying for life.

I don't drink, but it would be unfair to spoil peoples pleasure by banning alcohol totally on flights or at airports.

A lot of airlines now have staff trained to stop serving alcohol if things are getting rowdy onboard with either groups or individuals.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have to hold my hands up to being drunk on a flight many many years ago. The guy in the seat in front told me he didn’t much care what I did as long as I didn’t throw up over him :down:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
you see more pissed up people on trains out of victoria than you ever see on a flight. You dont see anyone clamouring for the whistlestop shop to restrict sales of small cans of gin and tonic to two a person.
You don't however have to suffer the boorish behaviour on a train as you can move carriages or even change trains however you are stuck with the drunk for the entire flight on a plane

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’m about to drive around the Canadian Rockies in a Motorhome. I won’t be getting pissed at the airport though.

Nobody here is advocating people getting PISSED at the airport. But there's nothing inherently "wrong" with a few early morning beers at the airport to relax and get in the mood. Personally, once all the luggage has been checked in and I'm sat with some mates and/or family at the very beginning of a couple of weeks of R&R in the sun, I enjoy the social occasion of 2 or 3 pints whilst relaxing having a bite to eat a few hours before the flight. Thats when my holiday starts as far as I'm concerned, but I've never boarded a plane drunk, or arrived at my destination drunk.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I've been drunk on flights many times, same for pubs, clubs, restaurants, stadiums etc. But then I can handle my drink and am comfortable with my sexuality and masculinity and don't feel the need to kick off when I've had a few.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You are right. My life is very dull as I don’t drink at 7.00 am.
I have no problem with you choosing not to drink. I have a problem with you wanting to ban other people from doing so and saying that there is something wrong with them.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have no problem with you choosing not to drink. I have a problem with you wanting to ban other people from doing so and saying that there is something wrong with them.

I can’t really help what I think whether you have a problem with it or not!

It’s no good people complaining about drunks on planes if there is unlimited access to alcohol at any time of the day. Anyhow, I’m clearly in the minority here so I’ll stick to just tutting when I walk past a bar in the airport at 7.00 am.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I can’t really help what I think whether you have a problem with it or not!

It’s no good people complaining about drunks on planes if there is unlimited access to alcohol at any time of the day. Anyhow, I’m clearly in the minority here so I’ll stick to just tutting when I walk past a bar in the airport at 7.00 am.

You tut and the rest of us will think, thank god that boring twunt isn’t coming on holiday with us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here