• Express Yourself

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 10.2%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
mostly formulaic pop with controversy thrown in. notable exception of Ray Of Light album which is different league to the rest.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Dear Jessie, closely followed by Crazy for You and Borderline.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This was a very difficult one to choose. Plumped for "Like a Prayer" in the end but there were many close seconds.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My two faves are Dress You Up and Deeper and Deeper.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
How anybody can vote for anything other than the miraculous "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" completely escapes me

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One of the greatest female artists of our time, she really was a super star.

I saw the Blonde Ambition Tour and it really is a spectacular concert.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
An early favourite was Angel, which completely bombed as a single, I think.

The only album I ever bought was Ray of Light and Little Star from that album always moves me, as it was about the time my kids were born and brings back some great memories.

In fact, this thread has made me pop the album on for the first time in ages. Love it!

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Don't know many of her songs but voted Like a Prayer because it brings back memories of good times.

Living in Whitechapel back in the day there was a house party in our block of flats. From about 2am - 5am they did nothing but blast Like a Prayer and all sing a long in a drunken stuper. I couldn't sleep a wink but was too lazy to go downstairs and either join in or tell them to shut it, but now whenever I hear that song it takes me back to those good old carefree days living in Whitechapel with mates and all the crazy house parties we used to have in the area before all the twats moved in and ruined it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I still remember her very first UK tv appearance as a total unknown on The Tube in 1984. I said at the time that she had something about her and was destined for better things. I certainly didn't envisage a pop career in excess of thirty years. I"ve never particularly been a fan myself but there's no denying she knows what she's doing and she's good at what she does. Here's the clip of what started it all in 1984 from The Tube of the young unknown Madge (filmed at The Hacienda).

Edit: Just read this related article. Although that performance remains ingrained in the memories of many Madonna fans (and non fans) it appears to have been erased from her own memory as she has no recollection of it.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2005/nov/23/popandrock.madonna

https://youtu.be/wf-TJROdTRY

Remember all that well too. Brighton clubs, even the Top Rank Suite, started playing Holiday in 1983 as a US import. My mates and I loved it straight away, as we did Borderline and Lucky Star.

Great memories.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
La Isla Bonita is in my top ten all time faves. Terrific song, and Madonna’s own personal favourite.
It was originally rejected by Michael Jackson and she re-wrote it.

I’m a big fan of Madonna’s but having seen her twice in concert, I’ve come away both times disappointed at her set list.

D

Deleted member 2719

Although my music tastes have changed a bit over the years, I never got Madonna, in fact if I ever hear any of her song on the radio, I change channel over.

Give me Tina Turner any day.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Ray of Gob - a mashup of Ray of Light and Pretty Vacant/God Save The Queen.

No idea how to download it onto here but if you google Ray of Gob, you'll find it. The fella who put it together is an absolute genius!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here