Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flags for Sunday?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I didn’t think there was 100% participation in the flag waving unlike previous games but at least the kids enjoyed it and it didn’t jinx us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I'm assuming the flags are fire retardant?
If so can we have a collection of them and get some old granny to stitch them altogether in blue and white rows so we can have our giant flag back now were big time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon one day it would be tremendous to galvanise our away support to take their flags up to the away game immediately after the home game they were handed out.

Would look tremendous at Anfield for example.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Judging by the amount of people heading out of the Amex with armfulls of flags, I'd say it was a pretty good move...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ha ha it was funny seeing grown men walking away with 10+ flags.

What for though? Shoreham car boot this Sunday?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I reckon one day it would be tremendous to galvanise our away support to take their flags up to the away game immediately after the home game they were handed out.

Would look tremendous at Anfield for example.

A lot of away stewards would confiscate them as the sticks could have someone's eye out. Not to mention nobody had a fire certificate for every flag.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Ha ha it was funny seeing grown men walking away with 10+ flags.

What for though? Shoreham car boot this Sunday?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk
I did ask one of them why. He said they were for the kids - family, extended family and neighbours. They love them. Future Albion fans.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A lot of away stewards would confiscate them as the sticks could have someone's eye out. Not to mention nobody had a fire certificate for every flag.
Surely a simple phone call would clear that up though - assuming there was even an appetite for the idea. I quite like the idea of flags in an away end, a bit different and certainly better than a load of selfish wanky ultras, that's for sure.

Oh and I quite like Anfield. As much as the Kop has always been the most overrated stand in English football history, the ground retains some of its old school football charm whilst feeling like home to a big club.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Whatever the TV visual aesthetics, I'm still OUT

vlcsnap-2018-08-21-14h15m29s260.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here