Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Washing machine repair - recommendations

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Our Bosch washing machine is playing up - keeps on stopping before cycle is complete. Anyone got any recommendations for an engineer to look at it - we're in Coldean?

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
This lot might help you:

bad sign.jpg

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Our Bosch washing machine is playing up - keeps on stopping before cycle is complete. Anyone got any recommendations for an engineer to look at it - we're in Coldean?

I have used Ace Appliances in Portland Road a few times, always sorted me out.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Bosch are cold fill check if the water gets hot if not it's the Element Plus thermal fuse contact ESpares online parts less than £100 really easy to fit loads of videos on line show you how don't call anyone out really straight forward good luck

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
You could call Inigo. Washing machines last longer with Calderon.

I'm really sad, but that did actually make me lol!/

OP, What do you mean by stopping before it's complete? Do you mean it won't spin or won't empty... or something else?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm really sad, but that did actually make me lol!/

OP, What do you mean by stopping before it's complete? Do you mean it won't spin or won't empty... or something else?

It stops and then we have to open the door and restart it again. It takes about six restarts to complete the cycle

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Disclaimer *I am in no way, shape or form qualified to give you advice about your machine*! However.... what do you mean when you say 'complete the cycle'? If it's at the end it's usually rinse or spin (rinse, is slower turn. Spin is fast...).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If it’s 4years or older - cheaper replacing it

Really? Mine was16 years old and ran perfectly before we sold it recently (for 80 quid) while upgrading the kitchen (would have kept it but the dimensions were wrong for the refit).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He froze me out.

:lolol:

To be fair to @Mohamed 'I'm hard' Bruce Lee, he sounds like a top operative. :bowdown:

edit: but his user name is very hard to type correctly from memory.

edit 2: Let's try again...

and again...

and again...

Bollocks. I give up

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not everyone is super rich and able to buy a top of the range Miele. Subtle boasting.

Correct :lolol:

(not very subtle, to be fair)

edt: super profligate would be more accurate. I've now 'done me money' [as my colleague on the deckchairs on Brighton sea front in 1977 said, once to often, to the boss (Mr Mace) after he'd lost all his day's takings down the bookies in the late afternoon] (on the extension, not reckless gamboling) :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bosch are cold fill check if the water gets hot if not it's the Element Plus thermal fuse contact ESpares online parts less than £100 really easy to fit loads of videos on line show you how don't call anyone out really straight forward good luck

Ransome Spares of Yeovil were a lot cheaper than Espares for my oven fan and they also sell washing machine spares. A genuine Hotpoint fan was cheaper than a universal copy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here