Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Do You Dream in Colour?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
For the past 2 years or so I have had really heavy and clear dreams nearly every night.
Not nightmares but I can remember everything about them except if they were in colour or not but I think they are, they often wake me up at about 3am and I can't get back to sleep.
The power of your brain even when you are asleep is fascinating stuff but to actually feel that you are weightless and flying is extraordinary.

Meth is a hell of a drug :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If I've done a heavy night shift at work, then at home try and sleep, I do dream, but it's more like in SD, than in HD, as I can never remember any of it.
I'm normally a light sleeper, but shift work does take it's toll.

I do 4 on 4 off, all nights. My sleep is regular and restorative as long as I'm on this pattern. Every now and again though, say once a month my body just takes over, I get into bed on my first day off intending to have 2 or 3 hours kip to re-set my clock and bang! I'm out for 12, 13, 14 hours easy. Odd.

I once dreamed a bomb went off behind me, I flew through the air and felt the heat on my back. Wasn't unpleasant.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Lemmy may have done;

Red death to set you free
We turn the screws to make you die
Soft flesh and razor blades
Golgotha, ace of spades
Steel needles kiss your pretty eyes
All mine, all mine, black night, moonshine
All mine, all mine, nightmare, the dreamtime

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I once dreamed a bomb went off behind me, I flew through the air and felt the heat on my back. Wasn't unpleasant.

I declare you potential suicide bomber and a terrorist risk. You!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I had a dream I was eating a big marshmallow. When I woke up my pillow was missing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just the normal anxiety dreams. Wake up in a cold sweat. Most nights. Just roll over and crack on with sleeping. All forgotten by breakfast. I consider it as reviewing the scene and deleting unhelpful data.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
For the past 2 years or so I have had really heavy and clear dreams nearly every night.
Not nightmares but I can remember everything about them except if they were in colour or not but I think they are, they often wake me up at about 3am and I can't get back to sleep.
The power of your brain even when you are asleep is fascinating stuff but to actually feel that you are weightless and flying is extraordinary.

Yup! Very much in colour, add smell and taste. I have woken crazy for a cigarette, I don’t smoke.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I do 4 on 4 off, all nights. My sleep is regular and restorative as long as I'm on this pattern. Every now and again though, say once a month my body just takes over, I get into bed on my first day off intending to have 2 or 3 hours kip to re-set my clock and bang! I'm out for 12, 13, 14 hours easy. Odd.

I read in Steve Redgrave's autobiography, that when he gave up rowing, he had to do some sort reduced rowing, because that when he did all that intense training, the muscle around his heart does get strengthened, and so if he didn't do the latter, it would basically do him harm.
I wonder if the same could be the said for wheening yourself off from shift work, if like me, I have done it for most of my life!

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Thats a very old album. i still keep in contact with Bill Nelson, great man and great guitarist.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Are you sure you hadn't wet the bed and rolled onto it?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
No, I don't take any medication but I often think that dreaming the way I do is something to do with the subconscious, I think there is a reason behind it.

Yes, I have very disturbing nightmares. I think I'm confronting stuff that I haven't dealt with in my life.

Read that keeping a dream journal is good for MH and wellbeing, but not sure it's for me tbh

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here