Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] El Pres on South Today tonight

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Brighton did the moral and ethical right thing

So all of you slagging off Palace for spending around 80% of their income on player wages think that is immoral and unethical?

3422D2A8-F30A-4F74-B864-B3144080A67D.jpeg

That looks like 138% of income spent on wages. Obviously that’s morally and ethical different.:)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So all of you slagging off Palace for spending around 80% of their income on player wages think that is immoral and unethical?

View attachment 99733

That looks like 138% of income spent on wages. Obviously that’s morally and ethical different.:)

Of course it is. Our club chaplain is on two hundred grand a year. :angel:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

View attachment 99733

you seemed to have missed a bit off...just for you I'll put it back
''meeting all trading and financial liabilities.''....gives it a slightly different slant

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

Stop being such a prick. You have clearly forgotten that they are special, the same rules do not apply.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I did say yesterday on another interview that the new TV deal gave clubs such as Palace the ability to pay the likes of Zaha wages to keep the player happy & enough cash to resist offers from bigger clubs...then guess what happened today!

Yep heard you on Albion Unlimited

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

View attachment 99733

Your missing key points, so to put you straight:

Brighton operated within all laws and football regulations. What’s unethical or immoral about an owner paying key employees wage costs greater than solely from club income, out of his own pocket ultimately?

Palace’s negligent trading cheated Croydon businesses and the public purse out of £10m’s.

Are you able to see the dichotemy, or do you need to go back to skool?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
As it happens, whatever ‘Skool’ I attended, at least I was educated enough to know how to spell dichotomy correctly.

Go wipe the egg off your face before everyone else reads your post.

You are really starting to annoy me now. He obviously spelt it wrong to point at a lack of education on your part.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
you seemed to have missed a bit off...just for you I'll put it back
''meeting all trading and financial liabilities.''....gives it a slightly different slant

How so?

What relevance has that point to an observation that, just maybe, it would be odd for fans of one club, who were recently spending nearly 140% of their income on wages, to rip the piss out of a club for spending 80% of their income?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How so?

What relevance has that point to an observation that, just maybe, it would be odd for fans of one club, who were recently spending nearly 140% of their income on wages, to rip the piss out of a club for spending 80% of their income?

Your club cheated trademen, employees and the public purse out of £10m's in the Administration.

But steer clear of the subject.

Why?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
How so?

The Football League changed the rules, that FFP and other rules could be averaged out over three years. As it happened, we had come so close the year before, just missing out by one goal difference, we kept the team together and put all our eggs in one basket, getting promotion in the first year.
If we hadn't got promoted in May 2017, we would've lost key players & our wage bill would've gone right down
It was a gamble within the rules, and it worked.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You are really starting to annoy me now. He obviously spelt it wrong to point at a lack of education on your part.

Yes of course he did. :D

I’m really starting to annoy you now?

Ah, bless you for being such a cute newbie on here, it’s touching

Don't you just love it when Palace turn on Palace, on here?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Your club cheated trademen, employees and the public purse out of £10m's in the Administration.

But steer clear of the subject.

Why?

I’ve never steered clear of the subject on here, but I may have pointed out that by far the biggest loser from administration, was Simon Jordon.

Talking about steering clear of a subject, care to explain why running a wage bill of around 138% of takings was just fine, but 80% is unsustainable?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How so?

If you can't see the bleeding obvious then there isn't much point is there

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Yes of course he did. :D

I’m really starting to annoy you now?

Ah, bless you for being such a cute newbie on here, it’s touching

excuse me for interrupting a palace love in (and yes i have met mr putdown, nice fella) but shouldn't you two be arguing against us lol

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here