Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] El Pres on South Today tonight

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now that has to be the most embarrassing post by one of your lot ever.

He calls one of us a prick and we still don't bar him.

That, my friends, is Civilisation. Not seen in Croydon since I last drove through it on the way to Ikea.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ve never steered clear of the subject on here, but I may have pointed out that by far the biggest loser from administration, was Simon Jordon.

Talking about steering clear of a subject, care to explain why running a wage bill of around 138% of takings was just fine, but 80% is unsustainable?

Where did I say the 80% is unsustainable, or even refer to it? Take that debate up directly with whichever NSC member made that judgement. If it was on this thread, you can do that for us all to see.

My point is a separate view, backed by Company Law, Insolvency Law and football authority rules. That clubs that met FFP rules in the EFL whilst for a number of seasons incurring accounts losses due to payroll costs exceeding income, bankrolled by owners, have kept within the law and not harmed any entity or person.

In contrast to a company's insolvency, which harms a lot of people and the public.

Last edited:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I’ve never steered clear of the subject on here, but I may have pointed out that by far the biggest loser from administration, was Simon Jordon.

Talking about steering clear of a subject, care to explain why running a wage bill of around 138% of takings was just fine, but 80% is unsustainable?

I might have this wrong but the year you've cherry picked includes the bonuses paid to every single member of Albion staff from canteen to boardroom for achieving promotion.

Maybe look closer to the top of the chart for a cautionary tale on running an unsustainable wage bill.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I might have this wrong but the year you've cherry picked includes the bonuses paid to every single member of Albion staff from canteen to boardroom for achieving promotion.

Maybe look closer to the top of the chart for a cautionary tale on running an unsustainable wage bill.

I didn’t cherry pick anything, that table was published today by the BBC. :D

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Your wage bill + player amortisation is more than your turnover.

In the Premier League.

No other club did this in the 2017 reported accounts, in the Premier League.

Championship figures are completely irrelevant as almost every club makes a loss. Some within the rules (like us) and some not.

Why is it so impossible for you to look at facts before embarrassing yourself by posting nonsense?

Your club is losing money despite £100m+ income from TV companies. Your £12m "profit" was from £30m+ player sales and £4m from that **** Pulis (deservedly so, he tried to **** you over and failed).

Without that, you lost money. The only PL club to be in that situation.

So yes, it's unsustainable. Simple really.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are a hard man to avoid, but it's well worth the effort.

You mean....you're leaving North Stand Chat? Marvellous! :drool::wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here