Votes: 60 43.2%
  • Gross

Votes: 79 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In the same way that players shouldn't be written off after one game, the same is true of the reverse. Bissouma might go on to the the best player in the Albion's history, but to simplistically suggest that he could/should come in and replace the best player of last season – based on one appearance as a sub? That's just crazy talk.

IMO, like...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Amazing how the majority of people in this poll think our best player last season should be replaced after one bad game in the first game of the season. Football fans are morons.

Normally I would agree with your post but Bissouma is a special talent. I know he is only 21 but if you are good enough, you are old enough

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Normally I would agree with your post but Bissouma is a special talent. I know he is only 21 but if you are good enough, you are old enough

I’m not saying he isn’t good enough or old enough, hopefully he is. I’m saying it should take more than a ten minute cameo to displace our player of the season in his role, especially in the first home game of the season against the team that his goal beat in the last home game of last season.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
No shots on target at Watford down to no penetration out wide.
Solly out, Knockie moved to left side and Bissouma into right side.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We need to try something a little different, Jose's not stupid.

Gross is the only current player who can accurately and consistently cross a ball, it would be madness to drop him.

boik

I’m not saying he isn’t good enough or old enough, hopefully he is. I’m saying it should take more than a ten minute cameo to displace our player of the season in his role, especially in the first home game of the season against the team that his goal beat in the last home game of last season.

Indeed. Have people already forgotten Abdul Razak?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'm pretty sure we'll find that Gross will not be dropped for home games as this is when he was at his most dangerous.

If Bissouma plays then it will be instead of Propper as Stephens is pretty much the first name on the list. Stephens is a better defensive Midfielder than Propper so we'll need him to play.

I would also like to see AJ play from the start (if he's shown enough in training) with Knocky moving over to the left, he has played there before so we know he can do it.

My nagging doubt though is that it's all very well bringing in AJ etc but think about what our Right and left hand side combinations will be.

Right Hand side: Montoya and AJ
Left Hand side: Bernardo and Knocky

Both combinations are brand new and will need time to develop (Knocky temp until Izquierdo is fit). Do you really want to start those new combinations against Man U? Hmm I'm not sure CH will be that brave.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You can often enhance your reputation by your absence, but I hadn't realised the statistic that we haven't won a Premier League game without Pascal Gross in the team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here