Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Glamorgan T20 tonight 18.30

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great peformance.

Obviously Mills will get the headlines but Khan is in a different league. His first over completely put the brakes on Glamorgans innings and changed the game in our favour.

Our bowling attack really is quite special, I think we will have under achieved if we don’t at least get to finals day with those bowlers.

Full credit to Evans too, what a T20 season he’s having.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
2 games left for Sussex. Away to Gloucestershire on Thursday, and home vs Middlesex this Friday.

Maybe I'm being dumb, but how come teams only play 14 games when there are 9 teams in the division? If you play the other 8 home and away, that should be 16 games, surely?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Great peformance.

Obviously Mills will get the headlines but Khan is in a different league. His first over completely put the brakes on Glamorgans innings and changed the game in our favour.

Our bowling attack really is quite special, I think we will have under achieved if we don’t at least get to finals day with those bowlers.

Yes -indeedy! I thought at the start of the season that we had the most potent while ball bowling attack in the country. Yesterday they proved it. The challenge is to reproduce it. Archer bowllng at 95 mph off about 12 paces was my own highlight. A couple of seasons ago he was lining up for Horsham CC!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great peformance.

Perfect summary.

Jordan 2-9 wasn’t bad either.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
That 50 odd year old who did the chicken thing is going to be mightily embarrassed as the messages from his mates come in....

Thats Gary Peters the owner of Brighton and Hove Jobs.

Actually as per his Twitter hes 42 and wounded by the comments from the Pie man Key. Although Key did apologise and blame a dodgy scrern

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Maybe I'm being dumb, but how come teams only play 14 games when there are 9 teams in the division? If you play the other 8 home and away, that should be 16 games, surely?

Maybe they didn't have the space in the calendar to fit in 2 more matches for each team. They play 6 teams twice and 2 teams once, that's all I could see from googling it.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
So Gloucestershire away already qualified on Thursday and Middlesex at home who can't qualify on Friday , we have 14 points and sit in 5th so win both games and definitely qualify as Glamorgan on 15 points in 4th can only amass 17 points as they have just the one game left , the weather looks dire in the morning tomorrow in Bristol but clearing up in the afternoon , lets hope they have that forecast right .

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

The shorter the format, the less of an advantage it is to have the better bowling attack I reckon. In t20, it really only takes one batsman to get going (or one dropped dolly a la Surrey/Finch) to post a decent score which most of the time is all you need to put Sussex in trouble this year.

Having said that, should they qualify with this attack they could beat anyone in the competition.

Jimmy Grimble

So Gloucestershire away already qualified on Thursday and Middlesex at home who can't qualify on Friday , we have 14 points and sit in 5th so win both games and definitely qualify as Glamorgan on 15 points in 4th can only amass 17 points as they have just the one game left , the weather looks dire in the morning tomorrow in Bristol but clearing up in the afternoon , lets hope they have that forecast right .

I think it may be best for us if Thursday is a wash out. Puts us into 4th and out of reach of Surrey. Then all we'd need to do is win the last game against Middlesex.

If we play on Thursday and lose, it's out of our hands again!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here