Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Argus picture library might need a revamp

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
The picture is of the dolphinarium which is mentioned in the article.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
That picture brings back happy memories of my childhood. Me and my brother's would often get taken along for birthday treats. The dolphins would sing happy birthday!!!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Nothing like a bit of animal cruelty to make a birthday special
Says a man whose avatar is of a.person who played a big part in Stalins purges in the Soviet Union ........you clown :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Says a man whose avatar is of a.person who played a big part in Stalins purges in the Soviet Union ........you clown :lolol:

Of all the persons to start a critique of avatars .....*

Back to the OP post - I presume the comment refers to the age of the photo. Judging by the hairstyles, and the very characteristic 'jumper' on the ginger lad, I would say 1971. The subliminal message being 'read the Argus and transport yourself back to the early 70s'. Workes for me - I'm IN!

*not chasing you round the board this morning, purely coincidental, your honour :wink::lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Of all the persons to start a critique of avatars .....*

Back to the OP post - I presume the comment refers to the age of the photo. Judging by the hairstyles, and the very characteristic 'jumper' on the ginger lad, I would say 1971. The subliminal message being 'read the Argus and transport yourself back to the early 70s'. Workes for me - I'm IN!

*not chasing you round the board this morning, purely coincidental, your honour :wink::lolol:

yes because bobby sands was a.paragon of virtue :lolol: shall i change it ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
yes because bobby sands was a.paragon of virtue :lolol: shall i change it ?

Up to you, mate. You've had it a while and every time I look at it now I get this subliminal thought that this is what you look like - all 1972 'big fan of Atomic Rooster' but 'listen to them mostly in my bedroom'....and I start thinking 'are you wearing a tank top and cowpat shoes?' Likewise the Scots lad who has Andy Murray as his avatar - I am beginning to imagine I am actually chatting with Andy Murray, and I start thinking that on NSC he isn't as funny as he is on the telly. All a bit disconcerting tbh :mad::lolol:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Nothing like a bit of animal cruelty to make a birthday special

Bit harsh. I agree it's wrong. But we didn't know as kids. Seeing the dolphins still remains a happy memory.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Bit harsh. I agree it's wrong. But we didn't know as kids. Seeing the dolphins still remains a happy memory.

I know, i think i got dragged to the dolphin show when i was tiny. It's odd when you go abroad and find this sort of thing still goes on. Was at the Georgia aquarium a few years ago which is fantastic until you realise they still have a dolphin show which people are queueing up to see.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I knew a friend of a friend of the trainers of the dolphins and spent many hours in the dolphinarium sneaking in through the back door. Different times.
Interesting that Thomas Cook will not be selling tickets for excursions that include dolphins or the like in the future.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Remember there being a scruffy basement cafeteria with formica tables and a glass wall looking out into the dolphin pool. Either the glass was very dirty or the water was very murky.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
My best ever school trip ever, 30 nine year olds and I can only remember our teacher but perhaps another helper, bus from Peacehaven to Volks railway, Volks railway to Aquarium and into to watch a sea lion with a ball then the dolphins, that smell, then walked across to the Pier where someone from our group fell out of the ghost train mid way and couldn't be found for 30 minutes, now that was a proper ride, good times but slightly weird looking back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here