Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Difficulites with transport for this Sunday's game

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Have the univertsity only just advised the club of this? less than a week before it was due to be used for the first time? if so it's an absolute shambles.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There’s definitely no trains form Lewes to Farmer at all on Sunday?

Lewes to Falmer is ok (although there may be a reduced service), it's Seaford to Lewes from what I understand. Previously when there are problems with the Seaford line I've noticed Polegate station gets a lot busier as people seem to drive there and get the train rather than pissing about with the bus replacement service.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There’s definitely no trains form Lewes to Farmer at all on Sunday?

No, there are no trains between Lewes and Seaford. There is a replacement bus service for 10 days.

Falmer to Lewes is fine.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It has been mentioned previously that there are no trains on the Seaford line from 18th August to 27th with a replacement bus service.

Now it has been revealed that Mithras House parking is closed until January. Only the Racecourse and Mill Hill will be open.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/august/temporary-park--ride-closure/

Why the need for more buses/staff at Mill Road? Surely when it’s full it’s full, it can’t cope with more cars.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Can’t you just complain directly to the club rather than bringing it up on the message board lol x

Well, sweetie, it isn't actually complaining, you see. I'm quite happy to go to the Racecourse P&R, but I thought I'd help out others who may not be aware of the situation, and avoid rail replacement buses.

:kiss:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Why the need for more buses/staff at Mill Road? Surely when it’s full it’s full, it can’t cope with more cars.

Prior to last season Mill Road would be full about 1 hour before kick off - last season it was full up an hour and a half before k.o. - if there is even more demand then it is likely to fill up even more quickly.

This means that although there is only the same number of cars and people they will arrive over a shorter period thus increasing the queues for the buses. The solution is to increase the staff to manage the queues and more buses to keep the size of the queues down.

The wait time for getting on a bus to get to the ground was noticeably longer last season than when we were in the Championship.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Prior to last season Mill Road would be full about 1 hour before kick off - last season it was full up an hour and a half before k.o. - if there is even more demand then it is likely to fill up even more quickly.

This means that although there is only the same number of cars and people they will arrive over a shorter period thus increasing the queues for the buses. The solution is to increase the staff to manage the queues and more buses to keep the size of the queues down.

The wait time for getting on a bus to get to the ground was noticeably longer last season than when we were in the Championship.

That isn’t why, I don’t believe. It is because very significant numbers use the Mill Road as a ‘walk and ride’. Many from that part of Hove just walk to the top of Mill Road (plus non locals drive there, find street parking and walk to the buses). With Mithras shut, I guess more May do that.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
That isn’t why, I don’t believe. It is because very significant numbers use the Mill Road as a ‘walk and ride’. Many from that part of Hove just walk to the top of Mill Road (plus non locals drive there, find street parking and walk to the buses). With Mithras shut, I guess more May do that.

Brighton, actually :)

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
It has been mentioned previously that there are no trains on the Seaford line from 18th August to 27th with a replacement bus service.

Now it has been revealed that Mithras House parking is closed until January. Only the Racecourse and Mill Hill will be open.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/august/temporary-park--ride-closure/

Thanks for the info. I wondered if the building/roadworks were going to have an effect, but not having seen any announcements to the contrary I'd assumed Mithras House was going to be functioning as usual. My mistake.

Doesn't affect me for a while as I'll be on holiday, but (and this is another assumption) if there's no P 'n' R I'm guessing there won't be any P 'n' R buses? One of my transport methods (I'm in Fiveways) is to wander down to the Gyratory, and if the 'normal' buses look full I walk along to Mithras House and get one there. Especially handy if I'm picking up my ticket at the stadium as I don't have to argue with a standard bus driver.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Lewes to Falmer is ok (although there may be a reduced service), it's Seaford to Lewes from what I understand. Previously when there are problems with the Seaford line I've noticed Polegate station gets a lot busier as people seem to drive there and get the train rather than pissing about with the bus replacement service.

I wouldnt go that way this weekend as its Airbourne which does nothing more than clog up the roads

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I wouldnt go that way this weekend as its Airbourne which does nothing more than clog up the roads

Good point, I'd forgotten about Airbourne, even though its responsible for me missing these weekends match. Normally it seems to be the choice of route for Seaford/Newhaven residents who don't want to muck about with the buses, does make on street parking around Polegate Station very busy though.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
It will be interesting to see what the queuing system is like at Lewes on Sunday. If there are fewer trains running, I expect it will be busier than usual.

Up until last season, there was no issue with arriving and making your way straight down to the platform. Last season a queuing system was created that ended up with a long snake of people around the station. While a queuing system being put in place is understandable from a safety perspective, it wasn't very well thought out, often with people accessing the station from the London bound platform & car park joining the back of the queue on the stairs, but people coming in from the main entrance just joining in where they felt like it. The Spurs game was the longest length of waiting time as, apparently, Spurs fans had been officially advised to travel via Lewes to Falmer rather than going via Brighton. Don't know if this was true, but the station was heaving that day.

el punal

Have the univertsity only just advised the club of this? less than a week before it was due to be used for the first time? if so it's an absolute shambles.

I may be wrong but I thought there was talk of this, the P&R site being closed, some time ago. On the other hand it may just have been a temporary closure.

For the future though, are there other potential sites for Park and Ride? At present it’s a real pain in the arse having to drive into Brighton itself rather than the outskirts, Mill Road excluded. The ideal locations would surely be, say, Pyecombe for those coming down the A23, Lewes area for anyone coming in on the A27, Hove Greyhound Stadium?

For those in the know, is it very difficult to set up a Park and Ride venue and operation, or is a case that literally there are no other sites available?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here