Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City Tickets

abc

Jan 6, 2007
104... so 16 gone in just the last eight minutes. Middle tier will definitely be available later today.

c.47 ordinary seats left and c.1200 seats sold. Should be opening the next tier imminently and with those numbers I would imagine will sell out eventually

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Just made the exact same observation to a pal. The take up rate in blocks 113 and 114 has been very slow for the last few hours indeed suggesting that a number of fans are waiting for the middle and upper tiers to become available. This generates a false impression of Albion fans' "day 1" demand (for an attractive away game) which is surely there but is holding back in anticipation of the middle tier (and then upper tier) eventually opening. Once that happens the middle tier will almost certainly be snaffled up faster than the lower tier was, and I would speculate that parts of the upper tier (if opened) would sell quickly too.

Could be quite late today before the middle tier opens, as the remaining lower tier seats will probably only be sold to those who want to sit there or who, even though they'd prefer to be in the middle or upper tier, can't be bothered to wait any longer to book a seat, thereby avoiding the potential lottery of the middle tier not opening until tomorrow with all of today's "hold backs" then being in a scramble with the next level of STHs who can buy tickets from tomorrow.

The club's ticket release policy is not unreasonable but perhaps, for a "top six" fixture, could have been finessed had they made a judgement to open up more than blocks 113 and 114 on day one. As a big, early season, late summer away game with a Saturday 15:00 KO this was always likely to be an attractive fixture suggesting that a potential allocation of 1,500-2,000 would have been a reasonable take up assumption for tickets to be made available on the first on sale date.

On the plus side, it's infinitely better than the Watford, Liverpool and Southampton allocation process and will, no doubt, improve over time as the club becomes more familiar with anticipated demand and fans' preferences.

I am holding back to buy 2 tickets too.

For what its worth very few tickets have sold in block 114 since 9:30. Availability in this block at fairly regular intervals has been 91 60 53 50 59 55 51 43 39 36 31 33 31 26 35 62 59 54 50 29 25 27 23 22 tickets. Very few tickets have shifted in block 113 either in the last 3 hours. A good number of the remaining available seats are designated ambulant/disabled.

Before anyone tells me to get a life, I am retired, so I am happy to check availability from time to time while reading a newspaper, and then a book. Nearly time for a beer anyway, now that I have had lunch.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I am holding back to buy 2 tickets too.

For what its worth very few tickets have sold in block 114 since 9:30. Availability in this block at fairly regular intervals has been 91 60 53 50 59 55 51 43 39 36 31 33 31 26 35 62 59 54 50 29 25 27 23 22 tickets. Very few tickets have shifted in block 113 either in the last 3 hours. A good number of the remaining available seats are designated ambulant/disabled.

Before anyone tells me to get a life, I am retired, so I am happy to check availability from time to time while reading a newspaper, and then a book. Nearly time for a beer anyway, now that I have had lunch.

Roll on retirement ! sounds like a dream !

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Made the mistake of going for lunch and upon coming back not much choice left in Block 214. Hopefully the club take note that alot of people held back as they didnt want to be in the front tier.

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Got a ticket in 214! Good news. Looks like there will be plenty of tickets available to tier 2 customers tomorrow.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I also noticed this morning there was no Queue-it process.
I logged on between 8 & 9 and at no point did the usual Queue process show up

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I also noticed this morning there was no Queue-it process.
I logged on between 8 & 9 and at no point did the usual Queue process show up

Agreed, although there was today, as I guess you had the combination of tier 2 people trying to buy alongside some tier 1 people who waited until today for their mates. I did that and snuffled 6 tickets in the middle tier.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Middle and lower tiers all but sold out now but they haven't yet released the upper tier. Must be doing so soon.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think I've bought to but my payment verification page is doing nothing. If I cancel then I may lose the seats & it was hard enough getting them.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Take it mine didn't go through so tried again & this time there were other choices & got my 2 seats together plus transaction gone through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here