Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City Tickets

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sounds like it will be the same as Watford then. We were in the 3rd row and stood. If you expressed a preference for the back then maybe the club will move your seats if and when we get the next tier.

Nah - they've already said that they won't be moving fans who have bought seats already (except to fill up singles).

The interesting thing is that I wonder how many fans have held off buying until the middle (&/or upper) tier is opened. Except...unless they sell the lower tier, they won't be opening further tiers!

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Nah - they've already said that they won't be moving fans who have bought seats already (except to fill up singles).

The interesting thing is that I wonder how many fans have held off buying until the middle (&/or upper) tier is opened. Except...unless they sell the lower tier, they won't be opening further tiers!

Yes, me , im doing exactly that !, which is a pain , because of the time factor , surely the club can assume that we will sell more than the 1000 odd in the bottom row !??

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes, me , im doing exactly that !, which is a pain , because of the time factor , surely the club can assume that we will sell more than the 1000 odd in the bottom row !??

Yeah, you would have thought that they'd reckon we'd sell more than ~1k, and thus open up at least another block or two. However, if there's loads of folk holding back (I'm one too) and the club never do open other tiers, there's a risk they'll think that the demand was only 1k!

Mind you, there's only 136 left in 113 and 114. I wonder how few there have to be before they decide to open another block?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

Im doing the same as dont want to be down the front. Hoping that they are going to open the upper tiers sooner rather than later.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Mind you, there's only 136 left in 113 and 114. I wonder how few there have to be before they decide to open another block?

Only down to 133 now, either a lot of people are holding back, or waiting until get home from work,

It might be that the next set of blocks aren't available until tomorrow so that those that have held back are effectively in a scramble with tier 2 fans for the best seats in the next release

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Yeah, you would have thought that they'd reckon we'd sell more than ~1k, and thus open up at least another block or two. However, if there's loads of folk holding back (I'm one too) and the club never do open other tiers, there's a risk they'll think that the demand was only 1k!

Are the club able to check the site traffic to see how many are actually logging on ,but not buying , thus waiting ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This is a complete joke by the club, I am holding back, but there is no way I feel anyone should have to be forced into buying tickets in a crap area of the ground if they dont want to.I will take my chances in Tier 2.

Also I brought tickets first thing for the Watford game and got stuck 2 rows from the front which was utter shit. I am not travelling to Manchester to get stuck with the Oldies and the teenagers.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Only down to 133 now, either a lot of people are holding back, or waiting until get home from work,

It might be that the next set of blocks aren't available until tomorrow so that those that have held back are effectively in a scramble with tier 2 fans for the best seats in the next release

Exactly this. I think we are all doing this aren't we? There will also be some people who are in a mixed group of tier 1 and 2 who will wait until tomorrow as well.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

129 now. Based on past experience they don't open the other blocks until they get down to the last 30 or so.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Yep...my thoughts exactly.

From the club's pov, I guess that's not unreasonable. If Tier 1 folk want to buy a seat in a block that isn't in the first blocks that the away club want sold first, that's the risk they take. They can either buy the "best" seat (for them) that is available on the day that the first blocks are released, or wait and muck in with whoever's eligible to buy when (if) their preferred block is released.

A couple of sensible ways around it, perhaps, for the club:

1 Have another look at how many seats they think they'll shift and release more blocks up front. For Man City, surely we'll shift more than 1k?

2 Create a, say, 2 hour window for Tier 1 folks (or 2, or wherever it's got when they release the next block) to get their seats in the new block. A lot of admin for this, and, as I said, it's not unreasonable for the club to say "well, you had your first dibs - it's your look out"...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
2 Create a, say, 2 hour window for Tier 1 folks (or 2, or wherever it's got when they release the next block) to get their seats in the new block. A lot of admin for this, and, as I said, it's not unreasonable for the club to say "well, you had your first dibs - it's your look out"...

I think the reality is they will probably end up doing this anyway, as I expect middle tier blocks to go on sale later today during the tier 1 sale.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think the reality is they will probably end up doing this anyway, as I expect middle tier blocks to go on sale later today during the tier 1 sale.

If that happens, then that's a perfect solution. I'm not completely confident that we'll sell another 100 (if your 30 figure is correct - and it sounds reasonable) today though... we'll see...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
If that happens, then that's a perfect solution. I'm not completely confident that we'll sell another 100 (if your 30 figure is correct - and it sounds reasonable) today though... we'll see...

I just think the club are probably aware of the situation and therefore will want the tier 1's to have had a shot at it today. That said if it isn't until tomorrow I still think everyone will get one where they want one.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Are the club able to check the site traffic to see how many are actually logging on ,but not buying , thus waiting ?

Complete guess, but I'd expect that the software would produce some standard reports that would show this. Whether the club would want to then put any work into using that data to decide when/if to release new blocks is another matter.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I just think the club are probably aware of the situation and therefore will want the tier 1's to have had a shot at it today. That said if it isn't until tomorrow I still think everyone will get one where they want one.

Yeah, I agree with this too. I'm just musing really, not complaining.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

120 now...

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon

Just made the exact same observation to a pal. The take up rate in blocks 113 and 114 has been very slow for the last few hours indeed suggesting that a number of fans are waiting for the middle and upper tiers to become available. This generates a false impression of Albion fans' "day 1" demand (for an attractive away game) which is surely there but is holding back in anticipation of the middle tier (and then upper tier) eventually opening. Once that happens the middle tier will almost certainly be snaffled up faster than the lower tier was, and I would speculate that parts of the upper tier (if opened) would sell quickly too.

Could be quite late today before the middle tier opens, as the remaining lower tier seats will probably only be sold to those who want to sit there or who, even though they'd prefer to be in the middle or upper tier, can't be bothered to wait any longer to book a seat, thereby avoiding the potential lottery of the middle tier not opening until tomorrow with all of today's "hold backs" then being in a scramble with the next level of STHs who can buy tickets from tomorrow.

The club's ticket release policy is not unreasonable but perhaps, for a "top six" fixture, could have been finessed had they made a judgement to open up more than blocks 113 and 114 on day one. As a big, early season, late summer away game with a Saturday 15:00 KO this was always likely to be an attractive fixture suggesting that a potential allocation of 1,500-2,000 would have been a reasonable take up assumption for tickets to be made available on the first on sale date.

On the plus side, it's infinitely better than the Watford, Liverpool and Southampton allocation process and will, no doubt, improve over time as the club becomes more familiar with anticipated demand and fans' preferences.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just made the exact same observation to a pal. The take up rate in blocks 113 and 114 has been very slow for the last few hours indeed suggesting that a number of fans are waiting for the middle and upper tiers to become available. This generates a false impression of Albion fans' "day 1" demand (for an attractive away game) which is surely there but is holding back in anticipation of the middle tier (and then upper tier) eventually opening. Once that happens the middle tier will almost certainly be snaffled up faster than the lower tier was, and I would speculate that parts of the upper tier (if opened) would sell quickly too.

Could be quite late today before the middle tier opens, as the remaining lower tier seats will probably only be sold to those who want to sit there or who, even though they'd prefer to be in the middle or upper tier, can't be bothered to wait any longer to book a seat, thereby avoiding the potential lottery of the middle tier not opening until tomorrow with all of today's "hold backs" then being in a scramble with the next level of STHs who can buy tickets from tomorrow.

The club's ticket release policy is not unreasonable but perhaps, for a "top six" fixture, could have been finessed had they made a judgement to open up more than blocks 113 and 114 on day one. As a big, early season, late summer away game with a Saturday 15:00 KO this was always likely to be an attractive fixture suggesting that a potential allocation of 1,500-2,000 would have been a reasonable take up assumption for tickets to be made available on the first on sale date.

On the plus side, it's infinitely better than the Watford, Liverpool and Southampton allocation process and will, no doubt, improve over time as the club becomes more familiar with anticipated demand and fans' preferences.

Agree with all of this.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Couldn’t be bothered to wait for the middle tier to open so got one at the back of the bottom tier.

Probably a better view if I’d waited but I’m not sure I’ll be wanting to see that much if we play like we did on saturday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here