Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
On sale from tomorrow

Tier 1 263+ points
Tier 2 224+ points from Wednesday
Tier 3 206+ points from Thursday
Tier 4 197+ points from Friday
Tier 5 All STs from Monday

This should be the first release under the revised system where you get to choose your seat (or at least front/middle/back) Will be interesting to see how easy the new approach is to use.
But at least a step forward from the system in place for the first 3 away games

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Wouldn't be surprised if this one doesn't sell it. Will certainly go down to the lower tiers and probably general sale.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wouldn't be surprised if this one doesn't sell it. Will certainly go down to the lower tiers and probably general sale.

Nooooo, not possible.......there was a LOYAL supporter who has had a season ticket since the GOLDSTONE at the Fan's Forum last week saying he simply CAN'T get any away tickets..............................

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Nooooo, not possible.......there was a LOYAL supporter who has had a season ticket since the GOLDSTONE at the Fan's Forum last week saying he simply CAN'T get any away tickets..............................

I like your irony.

Also just noticed that this is 10 loyalty points v what I think was 5 for Liverpool. That's a bit odd, unless I'm mistaken?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

... or ... "he's been a Citeh fan all his life and has never got to see them play live [well never going north of the South Downs is probably a contributing factor!]... it's not fair that he can't get away tickets to sit with Brighton Fans and cheer on his beloved team. You'll buy some for him won't you?"

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
On sale from tomorrow

Tier 1 263+ points
Tier 2 224+ points from Wednesday
Tier 3 206+ points from Thursday
Tier 4 197+ points from Friday
Tier 5 All STs from Monday

This should be the first release under the revised system where you get to choose your seat (or at least front/middle/back) Will be interesting to see how easy the new approach is to use.
But at least a step forward from the system in place for the first 3 away games

Last year we could buytickets in the lower, middle and top tiers. Does that mean that people who want to sit at the front will be able to choose lower tier tickets, people who want to sit in the middle can choose middle tier tickets and people who want to sit at the back can choose upper tier tickets?

It would be helpful if the club provided info on how many tickets it is initially applying for and where they will be. Without this info the revised system for buying tickets could still prove to be a shambles.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Last year we could buytickets in the lower, middle and top tiers. Does that mean that people who want to sit at the front will be able to choose lower tier tickets, people who want to sit in the middle can choose middle tier tickets and people who want to sit at the back can choose upper tier tickets?

It would be helpful if the club provided info on how many tickets it is initially applying for and where they will be. Without this info the revised system for buying tickets could still prove to be a shambles.

I did say this when the back, middle, front was first announced. It works for one tier stands but what about multi tiers like Man City. Ironic it is the first game of the new process. That said I am struggling to think of another multi tier away end this season. West Ham and Spurs maybe? Everton I suppose.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Although being a Saturday this year compared to a Tuesday night last year right before the Liverpool game there must be quite a few who missed out, me included.

That said I am struggling to think of another multi tier away end this season. West Ham and Spurs maybe? Everton I suppose.

Chelsea, Newcastle this season now the rules have changed as they were only exempt one season from giving away supporters a selection of seats at pitch level

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I did say this when the back, middle, front was first announced. It works for one tier stands but what about multi tiers like Man City. Ironic it is the first game of the new process. That said I am struggling to think of another multi tier away end this season. West Ham and Spurs maybe? Everton I suppose.

Hope you buy yours at the back of the stand with nobody behind you

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Hope you buy yours at the back of the stand with nobody behind you

:) I was expecting that. Keeping up your normal high level of amusement I see. Some kind of hat may be in order..

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex

It would help if the person in charge of ticket sales engaged their brain before putting tickets on sale. There appears to be a lack of customer understanding and focus.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It would help if the person in charge of ticket sales engaged their brain before putting tickets on sale. There appears to be a lack of customer understanding and focus.

The allocation says up to 3000, so say we don't sell quickly they may only take one or two tiers anyway, but you would think its hard to say whether choosing back means back of a tier, or back must be the top tier?

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
The allocation says up to 3000, so say we don't sell quickly they may only take one or two tiers anyway, but you would think its hard to say whether choosing back means back of a tier, or back must be the top tier?

Surely the club would know how many tickets are in each of the bottom. middle and top tiers? It would then be a case of say, tickets in the bottom tier sold first (EPL requirement to provide pitch side seats unless the club is owned by Mike Ashley), followed by middle and then top tier seats.

Will bottom tier seats be available first before seats in the other tiers, and when allocating seats will they be from the front of each tier upwards? For example, if lower tier seats are sold first and they are allocated from the front upwards, unless I want to sit near the front I would not buy a ticket at 9am on the first day of sale.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
This is what the club has said it will do.

Do we have to guess what options we are being given; 1 2 or 3 or do we have to wait until we log in at 9am tomorrow morning?

Following feedback from the sale of the opening two away games of the season against Watford and Liverpool, Brighton & Hove Albion have agreed to trial a new process for the sale of away games this coming season.

The club fully understands that everyone has individual seating preferences and would like to choose where to sit at away matches, but this is not always possible.

These changes are being made to ensure supporters enjoy their away trips as much as possible. This system will be trialled to see how it works for supporters – and also for the club.

Fans are advised that the club may need to revise and change elements of the new system where required, but we will always aim to meet our supporters’ needs and maximise efficiency for the club.
It is hoped that this new system helps to address a number of issues that the club faces, which are listed below:
The club faces the issue of needing to go on sale earlier for away games compared to last year, around six weeks before the fixture is due to take place. This is due to the fact that the club must commit to its allocation with an away club a minimum of four weeks prior to the game, and demand must be gauged.
Going on sale earlier means we have to try to get information from the away clubs earlier. This isn’t always possible, as not all clubs are able to commit to providing us with seating maps or pricing. Where clubs have a lot of different allocation options for away fans, they often don’t provide a visual representation of the different options and instead just provide this when we commit to the allocation we wish to take.
The club must ensure that the sufficient demand has been gauged before committing to any allocation, as unsold tickets must be paid for.
Although the supporters want as much choice and flexibility as possible, the club also has a responsibility to comply with the league’s regulations, and not to waste money by committing to ticket allocations we can’t sell.
The changes are listed below:
1. Games where the club is 100% confident of selling out the full allocation and have been given the seating maps from the away club (e.g. Arsenal, Crystal Palace):
The full allocation will be listed online from the start, allowing supporters visibility of the seating map to pick their seat. The map we draw is our best interpretation and can’t be 100% relied upon. Also, if we are left with single seats, we reserve the right to move supporters around at our discretion to maximise the allocation we have taken. So fans are asked not to leave single seats.
2. Games where we are not sure we will sell all 3,000 tickets, but have been given the seating maps of the different allocation options (and those seating options are in the same area, regardless of the allocation we take):
Here we will put the first allocation on sale at the start, allowing supporters visibility of the seating map to pick their seat. We must stress that the first seats we have to sell may not be the best seats, but as we do not know how many we will sell, we must sell in priority order determined by the home club. Please also note that once a seat has been selected, we will not be able to move supporters at a later date if another block is released or better seats become available. If supporters do not like the option of the first seating block made available they may choose to wait until the next block opens, but there is no guarantee this will happen if the demand is not there. Again, the map we draw is our best interpretation and can’t be 100% relied upon. Once again, if we are left with single seats, we reserve the right to move supporters around at our discretion to maximise the allocation we have taken. So, again, we ask fans not to leave singles!
3.Games where we are not given the seating maps or the area allocated varies depending on the allocation we are given:
Here we will build six dummy blocks of seating.
Request near front
Request near middle
Request near back
Request easy access seats
Request near aisle seats
Wheelchair spaces

The easy access and aisle seats will be very limited in number and a priority number of easy access seats will be held for ambulant disabled fans who have registered their disability with the club. Once we know the allocation we are committing to, we will move supporters in priority order (earliest bookers first) in to the seating plan trying to match the request made. Those that book earliest will be put in the seats closest to their request first and supporters are advised to pick the requested block that closest meets their needs. Please note, if we receive 500 requests for ‘near front’ this may result in us allocating supporters up to row 15 or 20 of the block, with the first booker being in the front row.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Good luck to everyone going as if you think the que for the trains from Falmer are bad then wait until you try and get a tram back into the city
It's quicker walking plus last season because you are in two tiers it was hard to get an atmosphere going in the away end

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
was just looking at their disabled arrangements and noticed on their ticket page home fans get six tickets each for Huddersfield Fulham and Newcastle home games.

JCL strugglers :whistle:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here