Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Garth's latest summary...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We always perform poorly against pressing teams (Huddersfield, Liverpool...) Hopefully this is just partly that and partly one of a handful of dud performances any team seem to produce each season.
If we always perform poorly against pressing teams isn't that something that needs addressing? It's not as if we have any tactics to be competitive against such teams (which, to be fair, is most PL sides these days). Does CH have the desire to change things? Genuine question before you all pile in. Last season, away from home, we were dreadful. Fast forward to Watford and nothing changed. If Hughton is going to coach his team to be the same then we are in for a long season. Every club strengthened during the transfer window so the task didn't become easier with our new signings.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Every team will have opposition styles it struggles with more than others. Ours seems to be pressing teams. I don't think you can simply change the style to counter your weakness for one game though as the squad would not be practiced enough at it.
We are poor away from home, but if we play well at home we should be ok, plus its one game, if we grab a few more away points than last year we have improved.

Why should we be poor away from home? Grabbing more points than last season shouldn't be too difficult considering we were the worst away side. Even the relegated sides were better away from home weren't they?

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You'd know :lolol:

On that subject, I thought i’d spend an evening brushing up on my rather flowery and never succinct ‘wordmanship.’

0E26D9CB-5C85-414B-A93B-33E9B1F14A03.jpeg.

Turn to page 132...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here