Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where's the Zaha thread gone?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
You (and every other Albion fan who responds) are wasting your time and energy with these thick Palace tw@ts who don't have a clue about our club's finances. They cannot grasp the simple concept of Tony Bloom's investment. Unlike their growing list of Spivs who have all saddled their club with unsustainable debts and continue to do so at Cladding Palace.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I know your right about us wasting our time telling them about our finances. They have an agenda they have to keep on this subject. The other side of the coin though is that he is factually wrong about it (just like the idiot on BBS who keeps saying we failed FFP the season we went up), it really isn't about opinion like most of football is. Therefore I'm going to keep reminding them they are wrong.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I know your right about us wasting our time telling them about our finances. They have an agenda they have to keep on this subject. The other side of the coin though is that he is factually wrong about it (just like the idiot on BBS who keeps saying we failed FFP the season we went up), it really isn't about opinion like most of football is. Therefore I'm going to keep reminding them they are wrong.

It's typical Palace tactics....Keep saying it enough times and people (thick people) will start to believe it! They do it all the time!

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Capped twice by England then swaps to Ivory Coast (who don't pick him) in 2016. Ring any bells?

After being ignored by the England set up for four years, he decided on representing the country of his birth.

He played the next 8 games for them and last season he was injured back in March 2017, so was unable to play in the last two friendlies for the Ivory Coast.

So what exactly were the ‘mysterious circumstances’ alleged on here?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
After being ignored by the England set up for four years, he decided on representing the country of his birth.

He played the next 8 games for them and last season he was injured back in March 2017, so was unable to play in the last two friendlies for the Ivory Coast.

So what exactly were the ‘mysterious circumstances’ alleged on here?

The mystery is WHY was he ignored after being capped twice...?

I know owl face has said he could have done more to keep Zaha in the England setup but, rumour has it, he was not liked in the dressing room and was seen as a malcontent.

So now he's thrown his lot in with Ivory Coast who also don't pick him for some reason.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
So now he's thrown his lot in with Ivory Coast who also don't pick him for some reason.

What are you on about?

He’s been picked for every Ivory Coast squad since he chose them over England and played in eight straight games. He even went out for the last two friendlies despite having been injured the week before playing against Huddersfield IIRC.

The reason he wasn’t picked was he was injured.

I’m all for banter but, please.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Fair enough. I'm not sure what the track record of issues is though. I think he joined Man Utd as a 20 year in pretty unfortunate circumstances when the club was in transition and then latterly crisis and by all accounts was miserable. I've seen nothing from him at Palace either before of after the move that ever suggested that he has any sort of attitude problem.

Whether or not he would thrive in a team full of stars is anyone's guess but I don't see why not. My intuition would say that playing in a team where he isn't the focal point would allow him far more space and time on the ball.

Robbing Man U makes the whole thing more satisfying. My bad re TB

"My bad re TB"...are you a 12 year old girl or just talk like one? Not "bad", just completely uninformed.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
The anger on this board at the moment is very unhealthy. Is it because of the new 5 year contract with no release clause?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The anger on this board at the moment is very unhealthy. Is it because of the new 5 year contract with no release clause?

Can you give us any further detail on this contract (and let us know how you came to see it)?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Can this thread be deleted now . The wilf thread has burst back into life .

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Can this thread be deleted now . The wilf thread has burst back into life .

You want a thread (wrongly) complaining about a thread being deleted to be deleted? Surely we will then just get Eagle88 starting a "Where's My Zaha Thread Gone" thread.

:jester::lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

I bet none of you will question any spending on wages what so ever.

ADMIN 4 on the way.

Never your fault of course

Victims

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
You want a thread (wrongly) complaining about a thread being deleted to be deleted? Surely we will then just get Eagle88 starting a "Where's My Zaha Thread Gone" thread.

:jester::lolol:

Will that one generate another 8 pages to add to the 150 pager that already exists?

Boris actually banned me from the last one when I pointed out that he wasn't leaving. Very sensitive.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012

ADMIN 4 on the way.

Victims

His new contract is an extra £1m over the course of the year. You all seem to think we'd finish bottom of the league with no points without him so sounds like good business all round right?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

ADMIN 4 on the way.

Victims

ADMIN 3 you mean .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here