Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where's the Zaha thread gone?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
It’s just burns doesn’t it seagulls. You don’t even try to hide it which is a credit to you all. You are the gift that keeps on giving. The really funny thing is you think you are laughing at us. You are the equivalent of millwall or Charlton in our eyes.Your there like an irritant but we know you can’t touch us or hurt us. We find you mildly amusing is all. It’s just the way it is. Thing is, you feel it too, hence all the nonsensical non footballing drivel you all come out with. Evening

Correction: I don't "think" I'm laughing at Palace. I had a good snigger the other day when I drove past Selhurst Park and stopped to have a look. Blimey what a shambolic collection of cow-sheds. Even if by some miracle you manage to build that tacky tribute to our West Stand you will still be left with 3 sides resembling a Traveller site.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
The operative word being HAD 6 years of Prem money - and invested precisely £0.00 of it. Its all been thrown at players and their agents, hence the statements of poverty from Roy during the last transfer window. And after 6 years, you've now reached a point where you're spending an eyewatering 80%+ of your income (still rising) on players wages.

Its telling that your only solution to this would be an emergency firesale of Zaha and Meyer. But that may not generate as much as you think, because (a) you massively overstate their value - you wouldn't get anywhere NEAR £70m for Zaha if you went down, because clubs know he's not worth it, and they know you'd be desperate. Plus you'd owe a hefty slab of whatever you did get to Man Utd anyway. And (b) not many clubs would be willing to pick up these players on the GARGANTUAN salaries that CPFC2010 have put them on.

Relegation for us would be disappointing. Relegation for your mob would be nothing short of a catastrophe.

Is that other than the 100m invested in a new stand?!

Who said anything about a firesale of players? We'll sell Zaha regardless - we all know that. Surprise surprise that none of you think we'll get any money for him - we're all pretty confident that we will. Remains to be seen what happens with Meyer - we got him on a free and his wages amount to £4m a year. If he realises his potential we could sell him for more than that I'm sure.

Your point re relegation may be true but it's also true of a number of sides in the division like us who have a relatively low chance of relegation. The impact of relegation on you wouldn't be as severe perhaps but it's far more likely to happen.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
Correction: I don't "think" I'm laughing at Palace. I had a good snigger the other day when I drove past Selhurst Park and stopped to have a look. Blimey what a shambolic collection of cow-sheds. Even if by some miracle you manage to build that tacky tribute to our West Stand you will still be left with 3 sides resembling a Traveller site.

Depends what sort of football fan you are. I'd always prefer Upton Park over the Olympic stadium and Highbury over the Emirates. Maybe the Withdean over the Amex is a bit of stretch I suppose. I do like the way you light up in Palace colours when we play you though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is that other than the 100m invested in a new stand?!

Who said anything about a firesale of players? We'll sell Zaha regardless - we all know that. Surprise surprise that none of you think we'll get any money for him - we're all pretty confident that we will. Remains to be seen what happens with Meyer - we got him on a free and his wages amount to £4m a year. If he realises his potential we could sell him for more than that I'm sure.

Your point re relegation may be true but it's also true of a number of sides in the division like us who have a relatively low chance of relegation. The impact of relegation on you wouldn't be as severe perhaps but it's far more likely to happen.

Would that be the new stand that you haven't actually got planning permission for yet ? By the way, £100m for ONE stand is a truly mindboggling amount of money, when you consider the Amex cost a total of around £93m. Plus as we know, thats only the starting figure. These things do often tend to spiral. So I repeat, 6 years in the PL and your club has invested chuff-all in its infrastructure. Nice.

If you went down, the firesale of players would be inevitable, and at bargain-basement prices because you would HAVE to get those salaries off your books. Thats what happens to clubs in crisis, which yours most certainly would be if you drop off the gravy train. You say there is a relatively low chance of CPFC2010 being relegated, and you're correct insofar as there are probably several more likely candidates. BUT - we all saw what a complete mess you were in when there were a few injuries, certainly until your One Man Team got off the treatment table.

The reality is, you're a couple of serious injuries away from being bang in the shit again. And the consequences of that would be utter carnage.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The limited company that owns the club is 8 years old. The club is 113 years old. Hope this helps.

CPFC2010. That is the name of your club. It went into administration, and had to start again, writing off debts to your creditors. You can deny it, but it happened.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
Would that be the new stand that you haven't actually got planning permission for yet ? By the way, £100m for ONE stand is a truly mindboggling amount of money, when you consider the Amex cost a total of around £93m. Plus as we know, thats only the starting figure. These things do often tend to spiral. So I repeat, 6 years in the PL and your club has invested chuff-all in its infrastructure. Nice.

If you went down, the firesale of players would be inevitable, and at bargain-basement prices because you would HAVE to get those salaries off your books. Thats what happens to clubs in crisis, which yours most certainly would be if you drop off the gravy train. You say there is a relatively low chance of CPFC2010 being relegated, and you're correct insofar as there are probably several more likely candidates. BUT - we all saw what a complete mess you were in when there were a few injuries, certainly until your One Man Team got off the treatment table.

The reality is, you're a couple of serious injuries away from being bang in the shit again. And the consequences of that would be utter carnage.

Us along with every club outside of the top 7 are indeed an injury crisis away for being down there. Last season we had the worst start to a Premier League season in over 100 years owing to a terrible managerial appointment, the worst injury crisis Roy Hodgson had ever seen in a 40+ year managerial career and we still finished 11th. We're a now a better side and a settled side. So you're right we could go down. It just feels very unlikely.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Why are you so bothered about how other clubs are run ? Concentrate on staying in this league so you can start paying back your sugar daddy , that's assuming you have any spare cash .

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Depends what sort of football fan you are. I'd always prefer Upton Park over the Olympic stadium and Highbury over the Emirates. Maybe the Withdean over the Amex is a bit of stretch I suppose. I do like the way you light up in Palace colours when we play you though.

Agreed. It's a bit like when I went to the 600 odd capacity Koko in Camden and then the o2 last week for Iron Maiden. The Koko was far superior for atmos - although I was in the Gods at the o2, it was like I was watching them on TV, with the sound up.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
CPFC2010. That is the name of your club. It went into administration, and had to start again, writing off debts to your creditors. You can deny it, but it happened.

You won't find anyone denying that we went into administration. What you are saying re the name of our club is just legally incorrect. CPFC2010 is the name of the limited company that owns the club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why are you so bothered about how other clubs are run ? Concentrate on staying in this league so you can start paying back your sugar daddy , that's assuming you have any spare cash .

Tony Bloom doesn't want paying back. He's converted it into shares. He's going to leave the club to his son.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Us along with every club outside of the top 7 are indeed an injury crisis away for being down there. Last season we had the worst start to a Premier League season in over 100 years owing to a terrible managerial appointment, the worst injury crisis Roy Hodgson had ever seen in a 40+ year managerial career and we still finished 11th. We're a now a better side and a settled side. So you're right we could go down. It just feels very unlikely.

Taking off my Blue & White for a second, I just don't see Palace as a team going down. I also think that we can stay up, but it's not going to be an easy ride.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

So when are you going to pay back the Yanks the £100 mill they have put in to pay for just one stand, if it ever gets built?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

True. But with 80% of your income going on wages, and a crumbling inadequate infrastructure off the pitch, relegation would be more catastrophic for CPFC2010 than anyone else in the division. Doesn't that concern you ?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Dont really want to get involved in this silliness, but surly when Tony Bloom took over the name of the company that owns BHA would have changed ? Starlizard ?

I know you are just goading, but CPFC went into Admin and was not liquidated so it was not a new company like Rangers, it was a company that was sold as a going concern. Like just about every other team in the FL.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dont really want to get involved in this silliness, but surly when Tony Bloom took over the name of the company that owns BHA would have changed ? Starlizard ?

I know you are just goading, but CPFC went into Admin and was not liquidated so it was not a new company like Rangers, it was a company that was sold as a going concern. Like just about every other team in the FL.

No, the name of Brighton & Hove Albion didn't change. We are still exactly the same club as from 1901. Starlizard is a totally separate business that Tony Bloom has/had in London, along with his property portfolios all over the world.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
True. But with 80% of your income going on wages, and a crumbling inadequate infrastructure off the pitch, relegation would be more catastrophic for CPFC2010 than anyone else in the division. Doesn't that concern you ?

The Pardew appointment landed us in a mess because he seemingly charmed Parish into changing our entire transfer set-up - not the first time he's done it. We're making considerable moves to correct it. A total of £20m spent in the last 2 windows is a good start. Paying 1m to extend Zaha's contract is pretty smart business too. Either we'll get a huge amount of money for him or we'll keep a player who is pivotal to the club.

Our crumbling off the pitch infrastructure? We've produced significantly better talent than yours over the past 20 years - there's quite literally no comparison.

Our new stand will also take our capacity to 35k and significantly increase our matchday income which will drag our revenue / wage ratio right down.

Even the most pessimistic of Palace fans think the chances of us going down are pretty low this year so no I'm not concerned. With Roy in charge next year I think the short term future looks pretty safe in general.

I'm also not convinced that relegation would hurt us more than say West Ham who no longer own a stadium, have a squad of very highly paid players, and a fanbase looking for any excuse to walk out.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
No, the name of Brighton & Hove Albion didn't change. We are still exactly the same club as from 1901. Starlizard is a totally separate business that Tony Bloom has/had in London, along with his property portfolios all over the world.

Actually Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club Ltd was incorporated in 1904 :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here