Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The quckest way to Gatwick

SeagullsNorway

Jul 21, 2018
Hi :)

I'm attending the game against United next sunday, and need to get to Gatwick with 3 others as soon as possible after the game. I'm thinking of preorder a taxi, but should we take the train for Lewis and taxi from there, a taxi directly from Amex, or the train to Brighton and taxi from there? I guess Lewis or Amex, right?

Looking forward to a replay from May in a week :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I'm attending the game against United next sunday, and need to get to Gatwick with 3 others as soon as possible after the game. I'm thinking of preorder a taxi, but should we take the train for Lewis and taxi from there, a taxi directly from Amex, or the train to Brighton and taxi from there? I guess Lewis or Amex, right?

If you’re going to get a train into Brighton you might as well then get a train to Gatwick; there won’t be much in it time wise. What time is your flight? Are you sure you can’t get a train all the way? As a guide I have flown from Gatwick number of times on a 19:45 flight which I easily make with a 3pm KO.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would say taxi from the Amex to Gatwick (30 minutes tops) or train to Btn and then train to Gatwick. Delays for trains to Btn due to volume unless you leave early. You haven't said what time your flight is?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
If you’re going to get a train into Brighton you might as well then get a train to Gatwick; there won’t be much in it time wise. What time is your flight? Are you sure you can’t get a train all the way? As a guide I have flown from Gatwick number of times on a 19:45 flight which I easily make with a 3pm KO.

Likewise train to Gatwick via Lewes. A 50 min journey with 1 change.

A taxi from Lewes will be at least 30 mins once you get there. Train from Lewes is 36-38 mins .

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Water slide! :rave:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Taxi is best bet on a Sunday. Get picked up on A27 by Falmer station or bottom of coldean Lane (ex hikers rest pub). 40 mins and £40.

Jul 7, 2003
Taxi is best bet on a Sunday. Get picked up on A27 by Falmer station or bottom of coldean Lane (ex hikers rest pub). 40 mins and £40.

Police will have blocked the layby at Falmer Station. You could use the official drop off in the University but might get caught in the traffic leaving the car park early. I have seen cabs picking up outside the West Stand but not sure how that works or how quickly you would get out.. You could also arrange for the cab to pick you up from The Keep which is about a ten minute walk from the ground.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Cross country sprinting via Stanmer park. Door to door 4 hours 35 minutes.

Don't take luggage. It's a sod over sties.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Are you on the 18.25 to Gardermoen?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Monorail back into the city then speed up to Gatwick on a brand new train running on the BML2.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Could always leave early!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I would say taxi from the Amex to Gatwick (30 minutes tops) or train to Btn and then train to Gatwick. Delays for trains to Btn due to volume unless you leave early. You haven't said what time your flight is?

seriously mate , it will take longer than 30 mins .

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
TAXI def best.....Allow 10 mins to clear amex , universityand get on A23 then another 30 mins !

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Trains can't be relied upon anymore . Don't even give them the chance to f k this up.

Taxi all day long

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here