Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Conor Goldson take a bow

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're normally a tad more reliable than this.
To be honest I was perusing the BBC online feed during the game and one of the commentators on there blamed Goldson and then both centre-halves. He was a good Championship player for us and a shrewd signing, but in my view probably not quite good enough for our first team now, sadly.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
He was immense today and Rangers were quite brilliant in how they pretty much thrashed Celtic 1-0. If it wasn't for the Celtic goalie it would have been 4 or 5.
Goldson looked composed at the back and put some neat balls down the line for the strikers to run onto.

All in all a very very satisfactory day of North and South of the Border footy IMHO!

TNBA

TTF

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
He was immense today and Rangers were quite brilliant in how they pretty much thrashed Celtic 1-0. If it wasn't for the Celtic goalie it would have been 4 or 5.
Goldson looked composed at the back and put some neat balls down the line for the strikers to run onto.

All in all a very very satisfactory day of North and South of the Border footy IMHO!

TNBA

TTF

I agree, Conor had a great game, despite requiring pain killing injections, and a great result for the Gers !

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Watched the game before the game, glad they won Celtic *****

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
"Stand-in captain Connor Goldson lofted Hastie's low corner towards the back post with a beautiful back-heel flick, and galloping in to nod it home was Morelos". Another great piece of football from Connor.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I always like Goldson when he was here, but just like Tommy Elphick and Steve Cook before him, he was never one of the best two centre backs at the club, obviously felt he warranted first team football at a club with high expectations elsewhere, and has now proved it.

He seems very popular at Rangers though, which isn't surprising as he is way too good for their joke of a league. Their third best team just lost 2-0 at home to a team of Welsh bin men in European competition last night, which says it all about that league these days really.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I always like Goldson when he was here, but just like Tommy Elphick and Steve Cook before him, he was never one of the best two centre backs at the club, obviously felt he warranted first team football at a club with high expectations elsewhere, and has now proved it.

He seems very popular at Rangers though, which isn't surprising as he is way too good for their joke of a league. Their third best team just lost 2-0 at home to a team of Welsh bin men in European competition last night, which says it all about that league these days really.

Yeah, but least the Scots will still maintain their false sense of moral superiority over us English fans. We're not real football fans, only Scots can be.,

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Off to Fulham apparently ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Do we have a sell-on clause?

According to reports at the time, yes.

http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/connor-goldson-completes-rangers-move-for-3-5m/

The deal could be worth over £5m with the Albion thought to have inserted a number of performance-related clauses as well as a hefty sell-on clause given that Goldson is rated extremely highly by Chris Hughton and his management team.

Brighton also had to pay £500,000 to Shrewsbury (as reported by local press up there) as a sell on-clause.

With the above in mind I can't see how it would be worth selling him to a Championship club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here