Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Scottish football is very entertaining

jot9zki1xk411.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cracking watching tonight ...Rangers down to ten men in the first half against Villarreal ...0/0 and its been a good rear guard action....when that Rangers crowd get going they narf make some noise

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Played and scored. Why oh why did we FFS?l

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He would still be on the bench.

It is interesting coming to terms with the fact that we have more than eleven players now, and no such thing as 'the first team'.

Anyway, good luck to the lad. I hope he's getting as much free whisky, haggis and tartan rumpy pumpy as he desires.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Played and scored. Why oh why did we FFS?l

You may not have noticed but we currently have one of the most highly regarded centre back partnerships in what is considered to be the world's toughest league. Not only that, they are both chipping in with regular goals at last and are considered a constant menace at set pieces.

I'm chuffed to bits that Conor's move has worked out so well and loved watching him play at the Albion but he's in the right place to play regularly and kick on with his promising career.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
You may not have noticed but we currently have one of the most highly regarded centre back partnerships in what is considered to be the world's toughest league. Not only that, they are both chipping in with regular goals at last and are considered a constant menace at set pieces.

I'm chuffed to bits that Conor's move has worked out so well and loved watching him play at the Albion but he's in the right place to play regularly and kick on with his promising career.

Ever heard of strength in depth or injuries or suspensions or is it just 11 players that matter to you? Where have I ever said that Goldson was better than D & D?
A better option would have been for him to go out on loan. Not sell him for peanuts.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Our defence is 1 of our biggest strengths and both Dunk & Duffy are a huge part of our team, but the top 6 all seem to struggle for consistency with their CB's.
Man City - regularly rotate Stones, Laporte & Kompany
Liverpool - seem to swap Lovren for Gomez every game
Chelsea - have Luiz and Rudiger who have plenty of mistakes between them
Arsenal - just switched to a back 5 but don't dominate in defence
Spurs - Alderwereld wants out and they are struggling to bed in a replacement in either Sanchz or Foyth
Man Utd - only have 1 fit CB but the others have all been poor all season

There aren't many teams with the consistent dominant centre backs that we have had for a long time now and most of the other 19 teams would be improved by signing 1 or both of Dunk & Duffy

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our defence is 1 of our biggest strengths and both Dunk & Duffy are a huge part of our team, but the top 6 all seem to struggle for consistency with their CB's.
Man City - regularly rotate Stones, Laporte & Kompany
Liverpool - seem to swap Lovren for Gomez every game
Chelsea - have Luiz and Rudiger who have plenty of mistakes between them
Arsenal - just switched to a back 5 but don't dominate in defence
Spurs - Alderwereld wants out and they are struggling to bed in a replacement in either Sanchz or Foyth
Man Utd - only have 1 fit CB but the others have all been poor all season

There aren't many teams with the consistent dominant centre backs that we have had for a long time now and most of the other 19 teams would be improved by signing 1 or both of Dunk & Duffy

Phil Jones and Smalling are world class. Look out for a bidding war between Real Madrid and Barca next summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How many games would Goldson have played for us this season? I suggest he wanted game time and therefore wanted out if he couldn’t get it. Who can blame him, he’s a good player but he’s not better than we already have and would have continued to be a back up. I’m pleased for him, no regrets from me.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ever heard of strength in depth or injuries or suspensions or is it just 11 players that matter to you? Where have I ever said that Goldson was better than D & D?
A better option would have been for him to go out on loan. Not sell him for peanuts.

Why on loan? He’d still be back up to Dunk and Duffy when he returned.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here