Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How’s Everyone’s Mood Today?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Don't hold your breath. CH's biggest strength is his loyalty and commitment to a system and the players who fit into it e.g. our home form last year. Unfortunately this is also his biggest weakness in that he doesn't adapt to changing/different circumstances well, either in the moment or on a longer term basis e.g. our away form last year.

I agree, but if yesterday doesn't arouse a slightly more proactive approach re his favoured away from home shape and line up - then what will? If he persists it could well be his undoing, which would be a travesty. Perhaps this season will illustrate why CH has lost the top job in the PL twice previously? Perhaps not...

That said, I doubt Tony Bloom would let Hughton go - as even if we drop down I can think of no one better to take us up again... beyond that, are we really a club expecting to remain in the PL top 10 for any length of time?

The next couple of seasons will undoubtedly define the club, its overall ambition and it's ability to remain at the top table...

Interesting season ahead for sure, some defining moments for sure... it's going to be one heck of a ride!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My reflections on yday:
No service for Murray, can’t recall a decent cross
Duffy is not up to PL standard
Opposition have seen us for a year in the PL and know how to stop us
March has no confidence. How/where can he find it?
Not sure if I can face happy oppo fans at the end of every away match for another season
If Bernardo had any confidence it was ruined yday
CH had no plans to win the game after we went 1-0 down

LET’S HOPE THE NEW GUYS ARE A CUT ABOVE WHAT WE HAD YDAY

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It’s fair to say that my mojo is a touch lower this morning than it was yesterday morning.

On yesterday’s showing, not only will there not be three worse teams than us in the division, there won’t be one. Lots of room to improve - I’m somewhere between confident and hopeful that we will.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
The MOTD clip wasn't as horrible as I was expecting but the defending for their second goal was horrible - the new guy stopped tracking back and the CB (looked like Duffy) was asleep and failed to do the usual kamikazi dive in front of the ball. CH's team selection was no surprise to any of us, and we all know that he won't change any more than two for the start next week. I am hoping in a few months we'll be content that the new players have been bedded in sensibly and the decison to not panic and change 5 or 6 after one bad game is vindicated.......

Very much agree with this. Yesterday was terrible. CH will adopt his usual calm and measured approach but fast forward a month or two and nearly half that side who started yesterday will be on the bench or not even in the match day squad. As CH said on Friday the main target again is to stay up and on yesterday’s performance that’s the best we can hope for. We should be good enough for 17th place however.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Disappointed. Still the only way is up because that was rubbish yesterday.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I still feel very disappointed. After 3 years of cautious away performances (a tactic which admittedly worked in the Championship), I hoped Hughton would turn over a new leaf but it was the same old negative rubbish.

Jul 7, 2003
The MOTD clip wasn't as horrible as I was expecting but the defending for their second goal was horrible - the new guy stopped tracking back and the CB (looked like Duffy) was asleep and failed to do the usual kamikazi dive in front of the ball..

The biggest problem with that goal was Knocky who tried to be flash rather than tackle which left their player in acres of space. The centre backs were doing their job but then had Duffy had to break away to cover the errors on the right and by then it was too late.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I agree, but if yesterday doesn't arouse a slightly more proactive approach re his favoured away from home shape and line up - then what will? If he persists it could well be his undoing, which would be a travesty. Perhaps this season will illustrate why CH has lost the top job in the PL twice previously? Perhaps not...

That said, I doubt Tony Bloom would let Hughton go - as even if we drop down I can think of no one better to take us up again... beyond that, are we really a club expecting to remain in the PL top 10 for any length of time?

Why couldn't we cement a PL place for at least 6-8 years?
Bournemouth, with a much poorer infrastructure are finding the right formula. Identifying the winnable games, home and away and being bold and positive from the start. Yes, you will lose some but you will also get more wins than via the cautious approach. Build the team around strong, workmanlike defenders, midfielders who move the ball quickly and forwards, who are quick and agile.
TB has not come this far and backed his manager this much to go down after two seasons. No one is irreplaceable or unsackable. CH has done a very good job but his job is to keep us in the PL. If TB feels that the manager is not best utilising the resources that he has provided him with and we are likely to go down, he will make changes. If you think that he is an owner with a..." oh, its alright if we go down, Chris will get us back up attitude "...then you are mistaken.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The biggest problem with that goal was Knocky who tried to be flash rather than tackle which left their player in acres of space. The centre backs were doing their job but then had Duffy had to break away to cover the errors on the right and by then it was too late.

I missed the first bit. Fair enough.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
thinking positive ... things can only get better .... or maybe thats things cant get any worse

still of the opinion that Duffy has not been the same since the world cup play offs and is now more a liability than a reliable performer
even last season despite his top scoring I was never convinced Murray would be enough and lead the line with the lack of pace and constant off sides
actually thought we may change from 4 4 1 1 to a more balanced 4 1 4 1 for away games with a more solid fluid midfield and that may still happen

still think we will come good IF we can get a striker who isnt Murray or Hemed with pace scoring regularly and the wingers actually do some winging it down to the by line

going to be tough with ManU and then Liverpuddle away and we need to get our first point/points from one of them two to inspire everyone

So your logic is to have your wingers go down the line and away from goal but to take the target men we possess out of the team? :ffsparr:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Exactly.
Overplaying in a critical area of the pitch again. He repeatedly does it but keeps getting a free pass from many of our fans, who drool over the odd cameo performance at the Amex and conveniently disregard the frustratingly inept away performances, that ultimately contribute to our wretched away record.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not too fussed to be honest. It was no different to most away games last season which is no surprise as it was the same team, but without Izzy.

Get him back plus merge the new signings in and we will be okay.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A lot worse now than it was when I first got up. Just watched MoTD rerun :down:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It’s fair to say that my mojo is a touch lower this morning than it was yesterday morning.

On yesterday’s showing, not only will there not be three worse teams than us in the division, there won’t be one. Lots of room to improve - I’m somewhere between confident and hopeful that we will.
I think baadiff are comfortably worse than us

However it was disturbing to see the bookies favour Watford to go down ahead of us before the match. Their squad looks streets ahead of ours. The guy who scored the 2 goals has played in a champions league final. They had 4 of their best players out including delefou and cleverly.

I was worried pre season we have bought average squad players bar maybe bissoma , alireza and Montoya (who has been awful recently hence why we got him on the cheap). I really hope hughton can find the right balance and keep everyone motivated.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Frustrated that what we saw yesterday was last years team in name and formation, but not last years team in commitment and passion. Neither of those goals would have been scored last year, we'd have thrown ourselves at the ball. If they keep this up then last years team will definitely be LAST years team

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Still feeling very worried after yesterday’s abject display.
We now face Man U and Liverpool and I am pretty certain we will be nil points after 3 games.
That will impact morale and we will then face an even tougher fight to get going.
Really gutted as I was so optimistic before kick off but it was the lack of desire and fight that worried me the most.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fearful. In true bi-polar football fan style all my pre-season optimism has been blown away and I'm desperately scanning the league to try and find three teams worse than us. I could have accepted it if we'd been torn to shreds by Man City, Liverpool, etc ... but Watford? Jeez. And we got a point there last year.

At least the two new boys apparently did well when they came on, and yes it IS only the first game. (But it was Watford).

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I’m fine thanks , but I would like to know , What Exactly Does Propper Do ! ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here