Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Small minority of idiots in our support today

el punal

Why would Brighton fans be at Victoria station when we were playing at Watford?

Believe it or not it is sometimes quicker. In the past I’ve always used the Clapham Junction option to get to Watford. The train journey is a multi stop job and takes forever. This time I went from Southampton to Waterloo (Victoria for most fans), tube to Euston, then Northwestern Railway to Watford Junction. The journey time from Waterloo to Watford (tube and train) only took 30 minutes, with a few minutes wait for connection time. The cost of a ticket, using an Oyster card, was only £7.00 single (Waterloo - Watford Jct), same cost for return. Again, the return journey was a piece of cake, unlike the football on offer which was more like a stodgy pudding!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes you get off at Victoria and get a Victoria line tube to Euston

Yes, I know that route, but quite a few were saying they went via Clapham Jct and other saying Thameslink to St Pancras and then Euston? That's why I was querying the Victoria route.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yes, I know that route, but quite a few were saying they went via Clapham Jct and other saying Thameslink to St Pancras and then Euston? That's why I was querying the Victoria route.

doesnt sound like you knew at all TB does it " or why ask this ?why would brighton fans be at victoria station when we were playing watford "

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've barely posted on this thread :lolol: Hi to all my fans :bigwave:

You sound like the Welshman in the 'I'm a baker; do they call me taffy the baker? No......it was just one sheep' joke.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I blame Difford and Tilbrook, not sure they were really ' Up the Junction ' :)

Screenshot_20180814-084225_Gallery.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
doesnt sound like you knew at all TB does it " or why ask this ?why would brighton fans be at victoria station when we were playing watford "

Not sure why you're all over TB this morning......:shrug:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Not sure why you're all over TB this morning......:shrug:

i think this is the first time ive quoted her ? but come on why not just put your hands up and say oh ok , asking why they were at victoria doesnt suggest she knows the route, plus , shes no shri king violet when it comes to digging me out .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
i think this is the first time ive quoted her ? but come on why not just put your hands up and say oh ok , asking why they were at victoria doesnt suggest she knows the route, plus , shes no shri king violet when it comes to digging me out .

:rolleyes::lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Understandably. Clapham is in the neighbouring Borough of Lambeth and would be a completely ridiculous route to take to Watford from the South Coast.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’ve tried so hard to understand this but, wtf?

As an aside, Roger Waters would be proud of that.

Perfectly clear in context. [MENTION=35582]Nondescript Nick[/MENTION]'s post was a thing of elegant beauty.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It's always struck me as odd that that sign says "Welcome to Clapham Junction..." as you're leaving the station rather than as you enter.

the area around the station is known as the junction as well , perhaps more than the station , if you told someone you were at the junction they would assume the area around the station.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
the area around the station is known as the junction as well , perhaps more than the station , if you told someone you were at the junction they would assume the area around the station.

True enough. I never used the term much though - "I'll meet you outside Arding's" or "...outside the Nick on Lavender Hill", or more recently, God forgive me, even "...between the Commons."

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
True enough. I never used the term much though - "I'll meet you outside Arding's" or "...outside the Nick on Lavender Hill", or more recently, God forgive me, even "...between the Commons."

arding and hobbs , sadly gone , between the commons hahaha youve been reading too many estate agents adverts , where did you live ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
arding and hobbs , sadly gone , between the commons hahaha youve been reading too many estate agents adverts , where did you live ?

Hafer Road and, later, Glycena Road. Much, much later, I had a flat on Lavender Hill itself. You?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Hafer Road and, later, Glycena Road. Much, much later, I had a flat on Lavender Hill itself. You?
earliest in battersea was winstanley rd before the estate , then alfriston rd off the common but latterly on the peabody.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here