Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Changing The System

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Goldson is far better footballer imo, more intelligent, knows how to header the ball. Duffy wins headers but has not a clue where they go apart from to the opposition with great frequency. Goldson knows how to get headers on target at corners, a big plus.

A huge loss if you ask me.

This is IMO an example of looking at Goldson through rose tinted glasses. Goldson was very good at times but at others was poor (there was one game - apologies can't remember which - when Uwe and Connor were playing together and Warren on the radio commented that Goldson was playing like a player who had not played football before.
Duffy was clearly an upgrade on Connor when he came into the team. I'm not sure why people think Duffy is now worse than Connor when few have seen Connor play many games in that time.

Duffy didn't have a great game Saturday but I think there were many worse than him. Also he hit a number of long passes to March that were very accurate (which March wasted every time - but that's another point!)

usa_seaside

Jul 31, 2018
To be honest, even though I am an iranian fan pledging my allegiance to BHA this season, that 4-4-1-1 was futile, gross and murray were isolated on islands... no service, no quality, which is expected when not much linkup and service is coming their way. As a viewer of a few preseason games (let's be honest cant take much away from that), it seems Andone needs to be inserted when fit, murray has skill in the box, but can't maneuver or get tothosespots unless gross and wingers are firing. I obviously dont know CH, would he in the future mix his tactics, or will he throw out, at most, a version of what you guys have become accustomed to the last year +??

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
But would you agree he’s in the bottom one for our centre backs?

My main reason for wanting him dropped is because I’ve watched Balogun in the flesh against England in the pre World Cup friendly where he was massively assured without needing to do everything last ditch.

He marshalled Kane/Sterling that day without breaking a sweat but tellingly also managed to do the dirty work as well.

In summary I think I just want a change to see if it might be of benefit to the team. He can play with the ball at his feet better than Duffy can for starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you were right about Balogun being class - he was immense.
Having said that I though Duffy was different class today as well.
One thing is for sure - whichever 2 of the 3 play we have some very talented Centre Backs at the club :)

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
That was arguably Duffy’s best performance since the Championship. It’s a shame about the penalty at the end (which I thought as his foul), but otherwise, top notch stuff. After his shambles last week, it’s good to see, as we’re potentially down to 2 CBs for a while.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
There is no tactical argument to back MY OPINION. as there is no factual tactical argument to back YOUR OPINION. i agree that Goldson is quicker than Duffy but that is where the comparison between the two stops as Duffy wins on all other points.

I mean you really have offered nothing to this conversation. Either factually or in terms of tactical insight. You’ve stated your opinion, and then claimed he’s better, outright, with absolutely nothing to back it up. At least I clearly stated before where my issues tactically are with Duffy. You’ve literally offered nothing. But then again I suppose we should be used to that by this stage with you.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That was arguably Duffy’s best performance since the Championship. It’s a shame about the penalty at the end (which I thought as his foul), but otherwise, top notch stuff. After his shambles last week, it’s good to see, as we’re potentially down to 2 CBs for a while.

I've been critical of Duffy in the past, but he was immense today. I do think he had a cracking performance against West Ham away last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here