Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia- a simple question.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would have thought the answer is fairly simple. Not just Locadia, the other strikers too.

You can't ''shoe horn'' 4 strikers into 1 position - Currently Murray has that place. It won't be forever and we all know that, so he and the others have to bide their time and when they get an opportunity they have to grab it INSTANTLY either through injury or if they come on as sub

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
as I say I cant judge until they actually play that system of Locadia as a channel running striker ... I maybe wrong but I think Andone will also do that kind of running looking for passes into the space he is running into

only time will tell if the midfield 4 + Gross or anyone in the no.10 role can get that passing into the game .. I certainly hope so as I think it would suit our overall play

I have nothing against our system of solid at the back & counter attacking , we just haven't got it right yet in the prem as we did in the championship and suspect it will take pace which Murray sadly lacks

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not really. its been coming a while, reminds me of kemi somehow, just far, far more expensive.

Really ?

Tell me how minutes first team action he has had so far

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think we just have to accept the club made a mistake with his signing. He's clearly not doing much in training to impress CH and I think we just have to put this one down to experience. Of last season's signings only Locadia, Suttner, and to a lesser extent Schelotto didn't really work out. The success rate of last years new faces was pretty good to be honest. Not all signings will work out. Even this year, as great as it was to see many new players come in, in all reality and being pragmatic, 2 or 3 of them are likely to either struggle to adapt to the Prem or just won't be good enough.

I have to say that in Locadia's case, I think we'd have more joy if Dunk went up front to be honest. Possibly loaning him out to a Championship side might be the answer to get him some experience as controversial as that sounds.

It will be interesting how Mitrovic turns out but at least Newcastle got their money back by proving he is a top championship goal scorer....

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I would give locadia a go as a winger. Can't be any worse than march

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I can't help but think that some of Chris' tactics stifle players natural abilities.
Just hope this doesn't make them doubt themselves when they need turn it on.
If you are constantly told to defend you might forget how to attack.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think we just have to accept the club made a mistake with his signing. He's clearly not doing much in training to impress CH and I think we just have to put this one down to experience. Of last season's signings only Locadia, Suttner, and to a lesser extent Schelotto didn't really work out. The success rate of last years new faces was pretty good to be honest. Not all signings will work out. Even this year, as great as it was to see many new players come in, in all reality and being pragmatic, 2 or 3 of them are likely to either struggle to adapt to the Prem or just won't be good enough.

I have to say that in Locadia's case, I think we'd have more joy if Dunk went up front to be honest. Possibly loaning him out to a Championship side might be the answer to get him some experience as controversial as that sounds.

Schelotto is the biggest disappointment. Considering his pace and creativity to watch him getting owned over and over against true quality was hard to stomach. After the liverpool away fiasco I'm surprised he hasn't decided to jack it in completely.

Locadia seems to be very fragile. Considering his build you'd think "tank" but really you've got a delicate blossom on your hands.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
The situation with Locadia is a real problem. I’m not sure Andone is a true front man to replace Murray either. We don’t know what Locadia is capable of. He has been injured and played out of position. It feels a bit like CMS - he just doesn’t fit into the way we play at the moment.

The success or otherwise of Locadia /Andone / Murray may well define our season. If I were CH I would be looking at retaining Hemed - but I’m not sure he will do that

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The situation with Locadia is a real problem. I’m not sure Andone is a true front man to replace Murray either. We don’t know what Locadia is capable of. He has been injured and played out of position. It feels a bit like CMS - he just doesn’t fit into the way we play at the moment.

The success or otherwise of Locadia /Andone / Murray may well define our season. If I were CH I would be looking at retaining Hemed - but I’m not sure he will do that

He won't do that. I would, he won't.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He has been injured and played out of position.

If I were CH I would be looking at retaining Hemed - but I’m not sure he will do that

Hemed travelled with the squad and was 19th man on Saturday.
Locadia has been fit since February bar a week in pre season.
He’s played CF 3 times out of his 5 apps.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hemed travelled with the squad and was 19th man on Saturday. *
Locadia has been fit since February bar a week in pre season.
He’s played CF 3 times out of his 5 apps.

*assuming he was. He was on the pitch in training kit.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I agree. I think it would be very unwise for us to lose Hemed considering the fitness issues with Locadia and Andone.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Love the way that Locadia has been written off, in true NSC knee jerk fashion, by so many on here, including our leader I notice. After 215 mins on the pitch WTF?

Out of those 215 mins was an excellent performance against Coventry and United away.

Talk about not giving a player a chance :rolleyes:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Love the way that Locadia has been written off already by so many on here, including our leader I notice. After 215 mins on the pitch WTF?

Talk about not giving a player a chance :rolleyes:

Hughton said he would have come on , on Saturday if not for Bruno injury and he picked him ahead of Hemed . Has been in our squad for the last 12 games and must have a chance of starting on Sunday - clearly not written off Icy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here