Grimsby
My choice but wont happen ..... change of formation to 4 1 4 1

Ryan
Bruno (Montoya) - Balogan - Dunk - Bernado
Stephens
Ali J - Bissouma - Gross - Knockhaert
Locadia

subs
Duffy - Suttner - Propper - Izzy - Andone (Hemed dependant on fitness)

time for a change of guard and fresh legs / approach ... but of course all in my opinion

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I actually agree with somebody i never agree with and it's time for Propper to sit a few out , his negativity going forward is a outstanding attribute to have if we were going for the we don't wont to score a single goal cup , but he's just had his chance and we know have better options , let's use them .

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Knowing Hewoughton , he’ll pick exactly the same starting line up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Let’s go 5-1-3-1

————————Ryan————————
Schelotto-Duffy-Balogun-Dunk-Bernardo
——————— Stephens———————
——Ali J ———-Groß-——-Bissouma—
———————Locadia———————

This team is all about pace on the break with wing backs.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Jahanbakhsh Stephens Pröpper Bissouma
Groß
Locadia

Button, Montoya, Bernardo, Balogun, Izquierdo (66), Schelotto, Andone (66)​

persian_pooya

Jul 23, 2018
Atlanta, GA, USA
Unfortunately it took Hughton 3 months last season to start playing izquierdo. Same will happen with Ali j no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Hughton rates AJ higher than Izquierdo. He's been trying to sign him for 3 years, was contacting his agent weekly for the past 6 months, and was willing to splash club record cash on him.

And with March being woeful, and AJ coming on and giving the team an immediate spark I really think Hughton will start AJ. Similarly I think Bissouma will start. These guys can already add so much more to the team and I think if they don't start it would be a grave mistake. But I'm almost certain Hughton will start them and would be willing to put money on it

Additionally the team that played Watford is obviously on horrible form and if that same team starts in front of Manchester United then they will be butchered. I'm sorry but there's no nice way to say it. Even if Brighton or any bottom ten team from last season puts up their best performance against Manchester United they will still most likely lose. So if the likely outcome is a loss no matter what then why not throw in your Marquee signings from the start to see how they perform compared to the squad that played Watford??

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I think Hughton rates AJ higher than Izquierdo. He's been trying to signing him for 3 years, was contacting his agent weekly for the past 6 months, and was willing to splash club record cash on him.

And with March being woeful, and AJ coming on and giving the team an immediate spark I really think Hughton will start AJ. Similarly I think Bissouma will start. These guys can already add so much more to the team and I think if they don't start it would be a grave mistake. But I'm almost certain Hughton will start them and would be willing to put money on it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There's nothing right now to suggest that Hughton rates AJ higher than Izquierdo, who performed extremely well last season for us. If Izquierdo is fit next week he's pretty much nailed on the start ahead of AJ, most likely with AK as the other winger. Izquierdo was a record signing for us last season too, didn't cost much less than AJ, and now that he has somewhat proved himself in the Premier League his value will be even higher. Izquierdo knows our system well and him and AK tore Man United apart at the end of last season. AJ has yet to prove anything.

The Premier League is extremely tough - it might take AJ a while to adjust and there's no guarantee he'll even make it. Knowing his qualities I think he will, but it's going to be hard work for him to acquire a regular starting position.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Additionally the team that played Watford is obviously on horrible form and if that same team starts in front of Manchester United then they will be butchered. I'm sorry but there's no nice way to say it. Even if Brighton or any bottom ten team from last season puts up their best performance against Manchester United they will still most likely lose. So if the likely outcome is a loss no matter what then why not throw in your Marquee signings from the start to see how they perform compared to the squad that played Watford??

We beat Man United at the end of last season at home, beat Arsenal and drew against Spurs. The teams were very similar to that at Watford.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There's nothing right now to suggest that Hughton rates AJ higher than Izquierdo, who performed extremely well last season for us. If Izquierdo is fit next week he's pretty much nailed on the start ahead of AJ, most likely with AK as the other winger. Izquierdo was a record signing for us last season too, didn't cost much less than AJ, and now that he has somewhat proved himself in the Premier League his value will be even higher. Izquierdo knows our system well and him and AK tore Man United apart at the end of last season. AJ has yet to prove anything.

The Premier League is extremely tough - it might take AJ a while to adjust and there's no guarantee he'll even make it. Knowing his qualities I think he will, but it's going to be hard work for him to acquire a regular starting position.

Whether Izzy or Ali is best might not be the answer. Who would work best against United. Man United are not a heavy pressing team and Knocky and March may fare better than against Watford. I have excluded them but I might very well include much the same side and reserve the changes for the game against Liverpool.

I think Schelotto has a part to play, but not at right back. Izzy I want to come ot 66 minutes whatever the score.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Whether Izzy or Ali is best might not be the answer. Who would work best against United. Man United are not a heavy pressing team and Knocky and March may fare better than against Watford. I have excluded them but I might very well include much the same side and reserve the changes for the game against Liverpool.

I think Schelotto has a part to play, but not at right back. Izzy I want to come ot 66 minutes whatever the score.

That you've not even got AK on the bench is ridiculous, considering he had his best game of the season against Man United at home last season. He didn't look "slow" when he was taking the ball past the Man United players with absolute ease.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ryan

Montoya, Duffy, Dunk, Bong

Ali J, Stephens, Bissouma, Suttner

Gross

Locadia

(actually I'd have preferred Goldson to Duffy, but nobody asked me

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Unfortunately it took Hughton 3 months last season to start playing izquierdo.

Did he ? he came on at Watford 6 days after signing for us, was in every single squad for the rest of the season (until Liverpool) playing in nearly all of them, and even at the start, he started 6 out of our first 14 matches - ie: the first 3 months.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Ryan

Bernado
Duffy
Dunk
Montoya

AliReza
Propper
Stephens
Izquierdo

Bissouma

Andone

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Let’s go 5-1-3-1

————————Ryan————————
Schelotto-Duffy-Balogun-Dunk-Bernardo
——————— Stephens———————
——Ali J ———-Groß-——-Bissouma—
———————Locadia———————

This team is all about pace on the break with wing backs.

If we were going to play with 3 centre backs, we'd need another 2 in the squad of 25.
No way will we play 3 centre backs when we only have 3 in the squad

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That you've not even got AK on the bench is ridiculous, considering he had his best game of the season against Man United at home last season. He didn't look "slow" when he was taking the ball past the Man United players with absolute ease.

OK then. I think I really picked the side that I would like to play against the strong "pressing side" Liverpool. Man United have a different style requiring different players. It is the Liverpool match when i would tend to ring the changes.

If we play two wingers, I would like one on his strong foot and one inverted. If Alireza Jahanbakhsh starts on the right I would want José Izquierdo on the left. or Solly March partnered with Knockaert. Then if it is not working the wingers can swop which CH doesn't seem to do. This would bring about change with substitutes still an option.

I'm not too hopeful about a result against Man United. We caught them out last time when we needed the points more than them. They did not really need the points at all.

It was the opposite at Liverpool when they needed the points and we didn't.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Valid argument. I don't think CH will do this. I also think (Bernardo said so) Brighton are looking for at least a point from the games against Man U. and Liverpool combined.

But: “Andone trains on Monday,” Hughton said. “Izquierdo probably is going to be a little bit longer. All the other new players are involved. We will have to make sure we prepare well for a big week.” http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/164...-are-looking-over-their-shoulders/?ref=twtrec

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here