Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Team v Man Utd

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He needs time and was out of position for most of it, but he doesn't actually seems to have any outstanding qualities.
Two bang average LBs replaced by another bang average LB?
At least he is young(ish)
Leipzig fans did warn us. Loads of potential unfulfilled. Very very poor season last season.

9m is a crazy fee.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This kind of formation looks right to me. A balance of what we have vs what we face. We can't continue to play the same team/formation. it's proven already. Good championship, borderline premiership ( last year)

--------------------------Ryan---------------------------
----------Balogun-----Dunk-------Duffy-------------
-Schelotto---------Stephens-----------Bernardo-
-AJ------------------Bissouma-----------Izquierdo- (March if Izy not fit)
------------------------Hemed--------------------------

Button, White, Bong, Propper, Groß, March, Locadia.

Can't see Montoya being ready unfortunately. The next couple of matches we're expected to lose so let's wing it with something a little different they aren't expecting.
Before the 'angry crowd' shout me down, I accept this is never going to happen, and expect us to line up the same as today with maybe Balogun in for Bruno, possibly Bissouma for Propper, but thats about it.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
He needs time and was out of position for most of it, but he doesn't actually seems to have any outstanding qualities.
Two bang average LBs replaced by another bang average LB?
At least he is young(ish)

He was no better on the left than he was on the right. An embarrassment. We cannot afford to give him "time" in the first team line-up. Time for what anyway? Time to learn to defend, time to learn to pass? I assume Chris thought he had already mastered those basics.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He was no better on the left than he was on the right. An embarrassment. We cannot afford to give him "time" in the first team line-up. Time for what anyway? Time to learn to defend, time to learn to pass? I assume Chris thought he had already mastered those basics.

I was trying to be kind. He was worse than anything the Greyhound produced last season and some of his performances were bizarre.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I was trying to be kind. He was worse than anything the Greyhound produced last season and some of his performances were bizarre.

The Greyhound is a much better player. His defending may be a bit questionable at times, but at least he can terrorise opposition defenders with his speed. Based on today's performance Bernardo offered zilch.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Nice to see the NSC tradition of writing off a player after one game! ��

How about we wait until after 10 games to see if he gets any better?
The game today proved we need pace added to the team, but also to freshen things up.

Once izquierdo, AJ, Andone and Bissouma are starting we’ll see how we get on. However that won’t happen for a few games as they get up to speed.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Nice to see the NSC tradition of writing off a player after one game! ��

How about we wait until after 10 games to see if he gets any better?
The game today proved we need pace added to the team, but also to freshen things up.

Once izquierdo, AJ, Andone and Bissouma are starting we’ll see how we get on. However that won’t happen for a few games as they get up to speed.

Maty Ryan is too short.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have not read through previous posts. However we did last year we were under the cosh most games. To hopefully avoiding approaching every game the same we obtained more quality players. I assume money paid means they are better then we have. Please please play them

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Guys after today's woeful performance I'd expect to see a major shake up in the starting 11 next week.

I'd expect to see Jahanbakhsh, Bissouma, Locadia, and Balogun or Montoya (if eligible) starting against United next week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You haven't been following us for long, have you? :lolol:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Ok I do think I was a bit too hasty on my assessment, but I definitely expect Jahanbakhsh and Bissouma to start next week and Montoya if eligible.

And if Izquierdo is match fit next week I'd definitely expect him to feature as well. So I will expect minimum 2/3 changes at least

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it took Hughton 3 months last season to start playing izquierdo. Same will happen with Ali j no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bernado LB
Montoya RB

Why not list them that way then? RB first name on the list after the GK (RB was no.2 back in the days when we played 1-11 rather than squad numbers).

So, 'Ryan, Bernado, Duffy. Dunk, Montoya, etc'. is indicating Bernado at RB, Dunk'n'Duffy in the middle, and Montoya at LB.

richinlondon

Jul 2, 2009
North London
Ryan
Shellotto/Montoya Duffy Balogan Dunk Bong
Bissouma Stephens Propper
Locadia Izquierdo

Mobile fullback getting forward, supporting a more fluid and interchangeable midfield, more cover at the back. For away games a slightly different emphasisvwill be needed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My choice not what will happen

Ryan
Montoya
Dunk
Balogun
Bernardo
AJ
Bissouma
Stephens
Knockaert
Gross
Murray

Button
Duffy
Andone
Propper
Izquierdo
Kayal
Bong

Yesterday was so bad, I’d shake things up....

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Shouldn’t even touch the first 11 in an away game. 1 assist and no goals in his away games.

Home game completely different story.

Based on that you would be dropping virtually the whole team for away matches.

No one has great away stats, partly because the way we set up and play.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Shouldn’t even touch the first 11 in an away game. 1 assist and no goals in his away games.

Home game completely different story.

Wow is that really true ! Woeful. No wonder no one came in for him. Emphasises even more how incredible he is at home

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here