Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank God for that

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Precisely, which makes his starting XI frankly dumbfounding.

Hindsight’s is a wonderful thing. If he had made whole sale changes and the result was the same, you would have, in all likelihood, criticised him for not staying with last years team.

He can’t win. Suddenly we are shit and going down ......

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hindsight’s is a wonderful thing. If he had made whole sale changes and the result was the same, you would have, in all likelihood, criticised him for not staying with last years team.

I like to deal in facts, today the fact remains that we were absolutely shite. This no one can deny. It is also undeniable that the pre-game rhetoric from CH and TB was of evolution not standing still, and then we were presented with the dross we bore witness to earlier today. You're being unfair on me herein, to (I think) score a cheap nsc point.

On that very subject, perhaps you could give Chris a ring and show him how it's done... oh wait... your opinion is as worthless as mine... so, hey, best not bother him really.

Oh and if you can find where I've said we're going down (this season) then please remind me... oh wait, you can't.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
From that performance it looked like Bissouma shouldn’t be a Brighton player. A cut above today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

That was a bottom 3 performance today by all accounts. The bottom 3 go down. Since we’re not top half, therefore competing against 10 clubs realistically, yes, im quite concerned - especially as CH is unable to change tactics.

Fact is we were the worst team away from home by some distance last season. Business as usual it seems after today so that’s 18 more games we can write off with some certaincy. If that doesn’t worry people... Cue “it’s only the first game, if the new players play (yes, ‘IF’!) you bedwetter blah blah (whilst ignoring ALL the evidence...)” Lets hope Fortress Amex holds eh?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That was a bottom 3 performance today by all accounts. The bottom 3 go down. Since we’re not top half, therefore competing against 10 clubs realistically, yes, im quite concerned - especially as CH is unable to change tactics.

Fact is we were the worst team away from home by some distance last season. Business as usual it seems after today so that’s 18 more games we can write off with some certaincy. If that doesn’t worry people... Cue “it’s only the first game, if the new players play (yes, ‘IF’!) you bedwetter blah blah (whilst ignoring ALL the evidence...)” Lets hope Fortress Amex holds eh?

I remember people typing exactly the same thing last season especially after the Leicester game. Nobody whinged much after the Man City game as it was expected.

Let's wait for a few games before getting het up about it.

PS, we're not even in the bottom three tonight due to alphabetical order. :wink:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/table

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Never understood this “settling in” or the “games different here” they are professionals who have trained and prepared as professionals elsewhere.

Get them involved immediately, the fee represents the players ability.

Trouble we have is the next couple of games we are not going to learn anything and I fear chris will stick with his usual.

For me, locadia should get a 5 game run in, Murray doesn’t have the legs and it was horrible watching the average Watford back 4 deal with him so easy

AK & AJ on the Wings

Bissouma takes Stephens place for a run of games and switches with gross for cover when going forward.

We need pace to start closing teams down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Where are the goals going to come from? Murray had the season of his life last year. A year older and a yard slower, I very much doubt he will repeat that. Jury is out on Locadia. Andone could be anything....and there we have it.....£60m spent and we got less options up front than last season. What is it with us that we don't bother signing proven strikers or quality strikers.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Precisely, which makes his starting XI frankly dumbfounding.

So many people on here today acting/sounding like they don’t know Chris Hughton at all.

He has always given shirt to players who’ve earnt it.
The new lads haven’t yet, and every key member of our first season in Prem has.

Fully expect with some players not delivering changes will be made, with talent in waiting.

It’s one game. And people seem to be playing down Watford.
Not that long ago they were flying in this league.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Where are the goals going to come from? Murray had the season of his life last year. A year older and a yard slower, I very much doubt he will repeat that. Jury is out on Locadia. Andone could be anything....and there we have it.....£60m spent and we got less options up front than last season. What is it with us that we don't bother signing proven strikers or quality strikers.

You’ve just discounted two strikers because of what?
Less options?
Do me a favour.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I remember people typing exactly the same thing last season especially after the Leicester game. Nobody whinged much after the Man City game as it was expected.

PS, we're not even in the bottom three tonight due to alphabetical order. :wink:

No doubt most of these geniuses were the same ones writing off Matt Ryan 12 months ago.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm genuinely baffled by why we bought Locadia, and I'm surprised that when fit he's been kept out of the team by a guy in his mid 30s with a complete lack of pace.

I have no beef with Glenn, we shouldn't have to be relying on him for a full 90 mins plus goals at this point. He was key in securing us a second Prem season and we should be building on that, but our top pre season scorer was Hemed, a bloke apparently surplus to requirements who can't make the bench even when Andone is unavailable.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I’m coming from an away game perspective; at home, we were good and let’s hope that continues. But away...Today showed nothing’s changed, and givern last seasons woeful on the road record we can say we’re in trouble already on that basis. We don’t need to wait months like last season to know our away performances are rubbish. We’ve 12 months fact based evidence already. And now 13! :)

Come on Chris, shake things up.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’m coming from an away game perspective; at home, we were good and let’s hope that continues. But away...Today showed nothing’s changed, and givern last seasons woeful on the road record we can say we’re in trouble already on that basis. We don’t need to wait months like last season to know our away performances are rubbish. We’ve 12 months fact based evidence already. And now 13! :)

Come on Chris, shake things up.

Yep. The fact that no-one on here is surprised says it all - most just annoyed/frustrated that nothing changed.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm genuinely baffled by why we bought Locadia, and I'm surprised that when fit he's been kept out of the team by a guy in his mid 30s with a complete lack of pace.

I have no beef with Glenn, we shouldn't have to be relying on him for a full 90 mins plus goals at this point. He was key in securing us a second Prem season and we should be building on that, but our top pre season scorer was Hemed, a bloke apparently surplus to requirements who can't make the bench even when Andone is unavailable.

This. And why I said we’d struggle up front this season before being shouted down by the sensitive souls who can’t see the facts behind such criticism. Which is our new strikers won’t score goals because they don’t get picked! Or they’re prone to injury. Or will get sufficient time as subs. Or our system won’t suit. I.E These are ALSO factors as to why strikers don’t score goals!

And then there’s Hemed, who despite a decent pre season, doesn’t get selected either. It’s bizarre. Which is why I said Murray will likely finish top scorer. He’s the only one who gets decent amount of game time! So the probability is higher even though his cakes are more candles than sponge these days. Andone will, and I hate to say but this is more likely than not, get few goals a) because he’s not prolific b) will be played in fits and starts by Chris and consequently not get into his rhythm which all strikers need. As for Locadia, he might as well go on a reality show. Least we’d see more of him that way. When does celebrity big brother start?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So many people on here today acting/sounding like they don’t know Chris Hughton at all.

He has always given shirt to players who’ve earnt it.
The new lads haven’t yet, and every key member of our first season in Prem has.

Fully expect with some players not delivering changes will be made, with talent in waiting.

It’s one game. And people seem to be playing down Watford.
Not that long ago they were flying in this league.

In a way that's what's so frustrating, that a great manager like Chris and the great team that kept us up last season would turn up with such complacency and put in such a passion-less, soul-less performance, when its a new season, we want to push on and there are new signings itching to get in the team. We were OK up to Bruno's injury an then it just unravelled. Yes its one game, but what a disappointing game it was. I'm happy that it was just complacency and we are much better than that, and thankful that we can get that performance out of the way so early. Unfortunately the next two games are not the easiest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here