Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gazza on Soccer AM

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Whats sad is the producers must have seen what a state he was in, yet they let him appear, are they so low as to need the publicity from it. If this is the case it seems a terrible lack of concern for his welfare. You hope someone close to him can persuade him or ensure he is getting the support and help he needs.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Very sad a not well man on a self destruct spiral my heart goes out to him and his family, as for the rest of us remember the Gazza flicking the ball over Hendries head before smashing the ball into the net one of my favourite goals of all time

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Paul Merson tells a story about Gazza when they were at Boro together and shared a house. There was not much to do so they'd send Five Bellies to the supermarket to buy as much red wine as he could, they'd then play a drinking game. They'd stick a load of cash on the table and start drinking the wine, on the hour each hour (they started at 2pm when they got back from training) each would take a sleeping pill. The last one awake would take the cash.

They did this most days, though not the day before a match.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Poor old Gascoigne.

He looks happy though. Leave him to it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Paul Merson tells a story about Gazza when they were at Boro together and shared a house. There was not much to do so they'd send Five Bellies to the supermarket to buy as much red wine as he could, they'd then play a drinking game. They'd stick a load of cash on the table and start drinking the wine, on the hour each hour (they started at 2pm when they got back from training) each would take a sleeping pill. The last one awake would take the cash.

That's alright then.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Whats sad is the producers must have seen what a state he was in, yet they let him appear, are they so low as to need the publicity from it. If this is the case it seems a terrible lack of concern for his welfare. You hope someone close to him can persuade him or ensure he is getting the support and help he needs.

How about his agent that got him the gig, tosser.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

That's one of the most depressing things I've ever read. Everything about that story is grim.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
That's one of the most depressing things I've ever read. Everything about that story is grim.

Merson was quite cabdid about this part of his life. He was set to stay with Arsenal but Boro offered him ridiculous money. To be fair to him a lot of his story was about him being a bit lost and victim of his own character.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here