Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
As a mark of how much we need to improve, aside from five minutes when Bissouma came on, we've been played off the park by a team that will almost certainly be bottom five.

And the kit is shit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sooner or later Hughton is going to have to drop one of Stephens or Propper.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Sorry,but that’s exactly the sort of comment that infuriates me. Unless deliberately fishing you remind me of Kipling’s “If you can keep your head when everyone around you has lost theirs....THEN YOU HAVEN’T REALISED THE SERIOUSNESS OF THE SITUATION”

Now, please explain why it’s ok to lose this first game of the season? Is it the easy first home game next week? The near certainty of 3pts at Anfield that makes you so cool...etc?

As I said earlier, West Brom won their first 3 games of last season. It’s 38 games for **** sake get over it.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
He decided to reward the players who kept us up and said I am giving you the chance to keep your places in the team, whilst allowing the new players to watch and see what the PL is all about, thinking we will be ok, and incorporated some negative away from home tactics.
Big big mistake, only top 6 sides do that.

I would have 'liked' your post but the like feature is currently not available but I agree entirely !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good post.

It's worse for the poor suckers who spend fortunes travelling away in the PL to watch Albion lose limply every time.

I went to only a couple of aways last season and that cured me of parting with shitloads of dosh to watch us sit back and try and absorb pressure before the inevitable happens at this level.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So much for the feel good factor

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Sorry,but that’s exactly the sort of comment that infuriates me. Unless deliberately fishing you remind me of Kipling’s “If you can keep your head when everyone around you has lost theirs....THEN YOU HAVEN’T REALISED THE SERIOUSNESS OF THE SITUATION”

Now, please explain why it’s ok to lose this first game of the season? Is it the easy first home game next week? The near certainty of 3pts at Anfield that makes you so cool...etc?

Love Kipling :) I just think there are a lot of ppl on here more concerned that palace are winning.
Plus, the irons look good this year, and I never take three points for granted unlike many on here.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
As a mark of how much we need to improve, aside from five minutes when Bissouma came on, we've been played off the park by a team that will almost certainly be bottom five.

Agree. We seem to lack sharpness, fitness, cohesion, attacking intent, and genuine sustained threat.

Which reads like the worst Game of Thrones episode description ever.

All I ever ask is that the players give everything... today one or two have badly let us down and that (more than anything else) is massively worrying.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Always been more of a cricket man myself.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
We could play till midnight and still wouldn't get anywhere near scoring. Expected so much more from this game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here