Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fair enough, you were obviously in a different area to me, I clapped March off and cheered the AJ on.

Absolutely agree with your point, but really not sure his head dropped because of that, can't be good to know you're blowing your chance to impress, despite having plenty of the ball and opportunity.....

I'm amazed Propper is escaping criticism, he didn't hold the shape at all, and frankly was useless (like most of them).

Propper is adored by the masses, he can do no wrong.

Loads of posters yesterday blaming Stephens and Gross for almost everything, with their dream Albion CM Bissouma and Propper.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
If Guendouzi can start for Arsenal (against Man City) so should Bissouma. Younger and less experienced (and a similar player by all accounts).

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
And in fairness looked like winning.

Can't believe anyone expected anything else. Same team, bar one, same tactics, no shots on target, predictable result. Please can we look like we want it away from home and play some of the new faces. This bedding in shite is just that, shite, no other team appears to do it.

Only missed a few games away last year, this one I will miss loads, unless the attitude/tactics change.

This is how I feel today. We have not won away for almost a year. We set up with the same team, same tactics and same ponderous style away from home and expect a different outcome. What is the definition of madness again?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This is how I feel today. We have not won away for almost a year. We set up with the same team, same tactics and same ponderous style away from home and expect a different outcome. What is the definition of madness again?

Only missed a few games home and away for years time to save some money.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Only missed a few games home and away for years time to save some money.

I did every game home and away last year but won't be this season. More to do with money and wanting a bit more free time at the weekend but the performance yesterday solidified my decision.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I did every game home and away last year but won't be this season. More to do with money and wanting a bit more free time at the weekend but the performance yesterday solidified my decision.

More and more fans will start to feel this way.
I only missed a handful of games last season but will be more selective this time around. You don't mind coming second, you expect it at this level but yesterday's feeble surrender was totally unacceptable and the predictability of it leaves you with a feeling that nothing is changing.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
More and more fans will start to feel this way.
I only missed a handful of games last season but will be more selective this time around. You don't mind coming second, you expect it at this level but yesterday's feeble surrender was totally unacceptable and the predictability of it leaves you with a feeling that nothing is changing.

I had a very similar conversation with a fellow fan on the way home yesterday. Also, the number of people who left early or on the final whistle without staying to clap the team off was a first compared to last season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe it was a CH tactic.

You lot did well last season, I’ll start with you before I chuck on xx millions worth of new talent

Aha, you were shit. Ali, Yves, Florin, Martin........get yer boots on, you’re in.

Be interesting to see what happens on Sunday. Same lineup and I’ll be immediately very depressed.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
The thought that we were going to change our system given that we did not sign a No. 9 and with available personnel would see a planned different style was exciting. To see essentially the same as last season away from home was hugely disappointing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not sure that is quite true, they are paid to play at a level which should be comparable with the 4th/5th tier...
Plus quite a few have played in their country’s leagues

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Why was last season disappointing? We stayed up. Goal achieved. Our away style worked last year.

The away game component of last season was disappointing, you can't argue with that and we all hoped that this would have been addressed by the start of the new season.
If this sort of planning was part of CH's downfall at Norwich and Newcastle, why hasn't he learned his lesson yet.
It is against the law to criticise CH it seems, but some questions have to be asked.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Why was last season disappointing? We stayed up. Goal achieved. Our away style worked last year.

The appalling away form was bailed out by the 29 home points we got. There is no guarantee we will get that return at home again. Most fans agreed that a different emphasis was needed away from home, as opposed to the sterile...." keep it tight "...." keep it to 0-1 "...." oh shit, we are 2 down, better think about a sub "...mentality.
Those that were at Vicarage Road saw nothing different and are understandably concerned.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The away game component of last season was disappointing, you can't argue with that and we all hoped that this would have been addressed by the start of the new season.
If this sort of planning was part of CH's downfall at Norwich and Newcastle, why hasn't he learned his lesson yet.
It is against the law to criticise CH it seems, but some questions have to be asked.
Yet the points we earned on the road were very valuable last season, when Norwich sacked CH the caretaker ‘gave it a go’ and relegated them. I would rather stay in the PL and see better players added to the squad yearly as like this summer and slowly improve by 10% every season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I had a very similar conversation with a fellow fan on the way home yesterday. Also, the number of people who left early or on the final whistle without staying to clap the team off was a first compared to last season.

Nope. Plenty did that at West Brom , Palace, and other defeats away last season.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It's just far too early to start getting our panties in a bunch. I think CH thought that he hadn't seen enough cohesion with the new lads to chuck them on against a very well organised Watford so figured he'd go safe and play the boys from last term for the first game and hope for a managed start. That didn't work so he knows he's going to have to roll the dice earlier than he'd like. The concern is, that with our fixtures, we could find ourselves 12 points in the hole before we know it.

If CH doesn't play some of our newly acquired flair against Liverpool and Man Utd were in for some pants down spankings and morale in the shitter.

I was more concerned with how good Palace looked in contrast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here