Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Precisely. The amount of fans who will excuse this result as early season, away from home, new players need time to settle down etc blah blah. This is the ****ing PL you idiots. You have to come racing out the blocks every week. Not limping. It’s now odds on we’ll not get a point in August and quite possibly Sept playing like this. Stupid twats. I hate those fans who excuse time and again shit performances like this against likes of Watford, West Brom last season etc. Wake up. It’s not bedwetting. It’s rightful concern. These are games we cannot afford to lose whether August or April.

You’ve lost your head mate. Have a rest.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As far as the opening match goes, losing it is the worst possible outcome... or is my understanding of football in the UK wrong? Terrible performance, terrible result (thus far) = terrible start to the season.

Simple.

Yeah. In the UK football is played in seasons, we are split into divisions and play the teams in our division twice, and then at the end of the season the table is ordered based on all of the results over the season. So, losing one game in and of itself isn't the worst possible thing that can happen. It's the impact that match has on the whole season. For instance losing a match is bad, because it's a missed opportunity to earn the points that are totalled at the end of the season to dictate your position. But getting multiple injuries and red cards are worse because it impacts on more games, it weakens the team going into the next run of games leading to increased chances of losing those later games. Losing a match by a couple of goals isn't uncommon and players can get over that. Losing a game by 4, 5, 9 goals can have a devastating impact on the players confidence, again, impacting on approaches to following games.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You wont get slated for it any more because they may never appear - the most impressive bench in the PL perhaps but there they may stay !

That was part of my reasoning. Very hard to score if Chris never lets them play because of ‘the system’, can’t understand why so many fans can’t see that when likes of you and I can?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Are those the only options? Whinging as if we've been relegated two division before we've even finished the first match of a season, or jumping for joy with positivity?

No room for perspective? No room for being disappointed while understanding there's another 37 games to go and over the course of a 38 game season there are going to be bad performances? No room for 'yeah it's bad, but maybe it'll act as a wake up call to a team that might be assuming it's going to be easier than last season'.

It the match day thread, we're commenting on this one match and the performance thus far is f*cking atrocious.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yeah. In the UK football is played in seasons, we are split into divisions and play the teams in our division twice, and then at the end of the season the table is ordered based on all of the results over the season. So, losing one game in and of itself isn't the worst possible thing that can happen. It's the impact that match has on the whole season. For instance losing a match is bad, because it's a missed opportunity to earn the points that are totalled at the end of the season to dictate your position. But getting multiple injuries and red cards are worse because it impacts on more games, it weakens the team going into the next run of games leading to increased chances of losing those later games. Losing a match by a couple of goals isn't uncommon and players can get over that. Losing a game by 4, 5, 9 goals can have a devastating impact on the players confidence, again, impacting on approaches to following games.

Blimey.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I’m listening. I agree that our pre season could have been a little more competitive, but we stayed up last season, an accomplishment. The new players are obviously not ready otherwise the manager would be playing them.
If we haven’t got a point after five games fair enough, but first game of the season? Come on give them a break.
Every match/point matters....first or last game.

We know that.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're not bottom - Hudds 3-0 down lol!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I swore I would never watch live streams when we are away because we are so dull. I cracked and now it’s sinking in how utter dire we are most of the time. Our midfield is so weak and slow and if March is the answer then please tell me what the question is.

Good post.

It's worse for the poor suckers who spend fortunes travelling away in the PL to watch Albion lose limply every time.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We recognised that against Birmingham in pre season - pity that CH didn't !

It was obvious the moment he got on the pitch he is an absolute cut above any other midfielder at the club. He has to start. CH needs to earn his salt and work out how to fit him in. (something that should have been in pre-season)

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Murray missed every chance in pre-season, no surprise he couldn't even get his head on the only half decent cross into the box today!.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here