Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Questionable opinions is your specialty, I'd say that would be about the 6th priority in personnel changes starting with March.

Who are your other 4 then?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Who are your other 4 then?

5 you mean? I was suggesting there were 5 worse players on the pitch.

March
Gross
Duffy
Bernado
Stephens/Propper

In reality, the LEAST that should happen is Bissouma being integrated in either for Propper/Stephens or Gross, AJ to come in for March and Montoya to come in at RB. None of that involves AK other than switching sides unless by some miracle Izquierdo will be fit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
. Losing a match by a couple of goals isn't uncommon and players can get over that. Losing a game by 4, 5, 9 goals can have a devastating impact on the players confidence, again, impacting on approaches to following games.

So we did ok then really not conceding 5 or more. Right I can enjoy my beer tonight after all because I’d previously thought it was a dreadful performance and poor result.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Watford are very fast starters, we weren’t today and paid for it. By playing so badly in the first game it’ll force the team realise that it isn’t going to be easy. Any preconceived ideas of it not being a relegation battle have been put to rest.

Rather that dawn on them now than 10 games in.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I listened on radio Sussex, and to be fair, as supporters,we can get the feel of how we're playing with JC & WA.

It sounded like the numerous away games of last year, just bloody awful.

Before stat bore jumps in,as he loves to, I'm not bedwetting, just calling today as it sounded and felt.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bernardo was forced to cover due to injury, he won't be starting there next game for certain. He looked pretty good at left back and became massively unsettled by the need to switch wings. It's no surprise that Knocky's performance went down hill after Bruno went off, hopefully he can get an understanding with Montoya pretty quickly as he struggles all the time when he's not got Bruno behind him.

Montoya doesn't need a work permit being Spanish, we won't have got international clearance from the Spanish FA in time for todays game considering he signed so late on Thursday.

I agree that he is an improvement at left back but as he showed both today and against Wimbledon is awful at right back so it begs the question why was Balogun who is said to be a CB/RB not brought on top replace Bruno. Why should international clearance take so long in the past it was done by fax after the Country FA cleared it with the club so with E mail it should be even quicker. I do not understand the time scale and how it comes about.

Where does the notion that he can play anywhere across the back four get to CH.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I listened on radio Sussex, and to be fair, as supporters,we can get the feel of how we're playing with JC & WA.

It sounded like the numerous away games of last year, just bloody awful.

Before stat bore jumps in,as he loves to, I'm not bedwetting, just calling today as it sounded and felt.

Well I watched on an excellent stream Pickles and it was dire, truly dire. Admittedly Stephens did actually go close in the first half but in the main those two are pedestrian in midfield. Hard to single anyone out though as they were all crap........ apart from the subs. A morsel of comfort there I suppose.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So we did ok then really not conceding 5 or more. Right I can enjoy my beer tonight after all because I’d previously thought it was a dreadful performance and poor result.

Yep. That is the exact point I was making and you totally haven't taken one line out of the context of explaining that it it wasn't the worst possible outcome for the day.

:ffsparr:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
We obviously weren't very good today but I won't be drawing any conclusions from the first away game of the season like many appear to be doing.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We obviously weren't very good today but I won't be drawing any conclusions from the first away game of the season like many appear to be doing.

We need to see our best first 11 start a few times.

IMO including Bissouma, Izquierdo and Jahanbakhsh, and POSSIBLY Andone and Montoya. (With no March)

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
I expect an expedited transition of the summer signings into the starting lineup after that performance. Bissouma especially, looked very hungry and very very good. In the few minutes AJ had, I would say he was in a different league compared to March and even AK. I don’t know, while I understand Hughtons sentiment about integration and match fitness for the new group, at the same time I think you would rather they help get a potential 3 points against Watford as opposed to 1 point against MU or Liverpool. I think if they’re not at maximum fitness but arguably better players than those they came on for, they should be started and maybe subbed off after 60/70 mins if they appear winded. Far more chances would’ve been created that way, really anything would have been better than THAT performance.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If it were a home game, we might have tried to win and put some work in. It was an away game, so we lay down and accepted our 2-0 defeat with good grace.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We are staying up. The table doesn't lie.

Screenshot from 2018-08-11 18-20-53.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here