Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nice article about Hughton in the Independent

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good read.

I know it's been said countless times before, but it always bears repeating - we are very lucky to have Chris Hughton.

One thing that I did note though was that article quoting PB as saying "When I appointed him (ie: CH)"...maybe a misunderstanding on my part, but I always assumed that Uncle Tony appointed our managers?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Needs to stay under the radar. Luckily nobody reads the Independent :rolleyes:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He is a magnificent man. I do find I try to copy him in my day to day life and at work managing people and dealing with clients. I find his calm, controlled, intelligent and decent manner whilst carrying out an incredibly stressful job quite inspirational.

Has anyone got that video of the speech after the Wigan game? I think it was to members of the board possibly??? and someone posted it on here. It showed his class perfectly.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Good read.

I know it's been said countless times before, but it always bears repeating - we are very lucky to have Chris Hughton.

One thing that I did note though was that article quoting PB as saying "When I appointed him (ie: CH)"...maybe a misunderstanding on my part, but I always assumed that Uncle Tony appointed our managers?

Hmm interesting. Maybe a misquote.

You can see why David Burke was given the heave ho on Christmas Eve,

All transfers begin and end with Hughton, who assesses Brighton’s detailed recruitment reports before signing off a new addition. “We’ve never signed a player Chris didn’t want and we never would,” says Barber.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He is a magnificent man. I do find I try to copy him in my day to day life and at work managing people and dealing with clients. I find his calm, controlled, intelligent and decent manner whilst carrying out an incredibly stressful job quite inspirational.

Has anyone got that video of the speech after the Wigan game? I think it was to members of the board possibly??? and someone posted it on here. It showed his class perfectly.

Do you overuse the word ‘probably’ the way he does?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Good read.

I'd always expect a CEO to hire top level management in any company. Sometimes with the Chairman rubber stamping an appointment. That's surely one of the things PB is paid to do on Tony's behalf ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'd always expect a CEO to hire top level management in any company. Sometimes with the Chairman rubber stamping an appointment. That's surely one of the things PB is paid to do on Tony's behalf ?

Do they fire them too, or is that the chairman?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It might get a few more readers if it really was 'Independent' and not 'The Rabidly Pro-European'.

Yes, I got that from the CH article. Especially the bit about 'we aim to get Brighton into Europe and to Stay in Europe'.
:facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here