Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
What do we know about this. He seems to have come back injured and largely missed preseason? From what Hughton has just said he’s definitely not ready to play right now. Is this going to turn out to be a long term injury?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I didn't get the impression it was an injury as such, more just a case of easing him back into it after being at the World Cup.

It feels like we are doing that with everyone who was at the World Cup, and when so few of our squad were, we can afford to do that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
bit of a mystery considering only played 45 mins in the world cup.

Very strange that in the last month or so we haven't heard what part of his body is injured. 99% of the time we hear some clue.

It's all starting to sound a bit Carlos Tevez

Hope over analysing it

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
bit of a mystery considering only played 45 mins in the world cup.

Very strange that in the last month or so we haven't heard what part of his body is injured. 99% of the time we hear some clue.

It's all starting to sound a bit Carlos Tevez

Hope over analysing it

I think that the "he only played 45 mins" doesn't actually matter.

He would have still been expected to work at an elite level in training, travelling to Italy for a 17 day training camp immediately after the end of the season, followed by 30 days in Russia.
This is whilst all our non internationals would have been resting and allowing their bodies to recover before going on to ease themselves back into the groove in pre-season. Jose missed this and is therefore probably a month behind the rest of the squad in terms of full fitness.

He'll be fine, just have a little patience.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He wasn't the only PL player to be at the world cup and I expect many of those who stayed longer than he did will be playing this weekend.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Been on Instagram stories with strapping on knee

Seems genuinely happy to be back in Brighton with his best mate greyhound

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He wasn't the only PL player to be at the world cup and I expect many of those who stayed longer than he did will be playing this weekend.

That may be the case, but it it the right decision to rush back? It's a long season and there's no desperate need to throw him in right now. Best get him fully fit and ready and keep him around for longer into the season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That may be the case, but it it the right decision to rush back? It's a long season and there's no desperate need to throw him in right now. Best get him fully fit and ready and keep him around for longer into the season.
No one is suggesting he's rushed and played when not ready, we're just a bit confused as to why he's not ready when I'm sure most WC players are. If there an injury we don't know about?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
This, especially as his world cup finished on 3 July.

Seems he took the holiday break literally unlike the rest of the squad.

That will have cost him not only his place in the team but a few quid too as the players have a strict fitness policy to adhere to when in off season. They have to be a certain fitness when they report or they are deducted money .

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No one is suggesting he's rushed and played when not ready, we're just a bit confused as to why he's not ready when I'm sure most WC players are. If there an injury we don't know about?

ChaileyJem will be along soon to put everyone right, tell us that we have been kept informed throughout and need to go sit in the corner :dunce:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
CH 's explanation was pretty vague yesterday, even for him. Having confirmed Locadia was fine and Andone was 'not quite ready but may be back in training tomorrow' or similar, he then said Jose 'hasn't quite made it'. He was asked if he was injured, and replied with 'coming back from the world cup, we're giving him a bit more time to get up to speed'. Didn't confirm or deny whether it was injury or fitness. Sounds more like the latter on that basis - if it was an injury he'd have normally said so......

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It’s definitely an injury. Probably why he didn’t feature at all in the last two World Cup matches.

Chance for March to step up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here