Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Heard he had an operation when back from World Cup but was obviously kept quiet if indeed true. Makes sense though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Heard he had an operation when back from World Cup
How reliable would you say the source was, on a scale of actually speaking to Jose, to BG?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
We don't need him at the moment, so there's no need to rush him. Loads of games to play as the season unfolds, so let's just give him a nice break and should we pick up an injury, we can get him back in the mix but for now there's no rush.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We don't need him at the moment, so there's no need to rush him.
I think we do. March had a good game on Sunday (and a poor one the week before), but Jose was our best winger last season, and we're a more threatening team with him in.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Why would the club keep an injury on the down low especially if an operation was needed?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He has a knee injury. And there has been no update since Friday when Hughton said he was “very close” [to returning to training]

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Let's not get carried away with March, he did his job defensively but Murray's clever finish meant he got an assist. It was hardly an inspired ball into the box and there's nothing else of an attacking note you can say about his game on sunday. He did the job required in that particular game, having been AWOL against Watford.

Also, Izquierdo was our best winger at times last season but Knockaert was consistently our most dangerous threat in my opinion. Others will disagree, but even when he was playing in his own head and not really being the player we know he is, I think he contributed more than people realised.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's not get carried away with March, he did his job defensively but Murray's clever finish meant he got an assist. It was hardly an inspired ball into the box and there's nothing else of an attacking note you can say about his game on sunday. He did the job required in that particular game, having been AWOL against Watford.

Also, Izquierdo was our best winger at times last season but Knockaert was consistently our most dangerous threat in my opinion. Others will disagree, but even when he was playing in his own head and not really being the player we know he is, I think he contributed more than people realised.

Knockaert always puts in a shift and doesn’t hide even when things aren’t going right for him. When he is on song he’s a joy to watch.

March had a very good game on Sunday but I am really struggling to remember the last good game before then.

Being “one of our own” he gets nowhere near the stick Knocky gets imo.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Spot on.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Knockaert always puts in a shift and doesn’t hide even when things aren’t going right for him. When he is on song he’s a joy to watch.

March had a very good game on Sunday but I am really struggling to remember the last good game before then.

Being “one of our own” he gets nowhere near the stick Knocky gets imo.

He doesnt always; however, since the signing of Jahanbksh, he has grafted for every minute he has been on the field. Even up at Birmingham in the pre-season friendly, when he was absolutely awful he chased everything back for the full 90 mins. It's almost like he knows how good the people waiting in the wings to take his place are and that nothing less than 110% effort is what is going to be needed to retain his place, even in the match day squad because there won't be 4 wingers in match day squads when they are all fit

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm sick to death of Knockaert getting stick, he's our only ever constant threat and player that tries to make something happen.

Sometimes it does not come off or he over plays but Christ we would be a far duller side without him

He throws a strop from time to time, big deal its because he bloody cares.

Anybody who thinks our side is better without him knows **** all about football

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Anybody who thinks our side is better without him knows **** all about football

When i read the matchday thread post game i would think that this is probably the main reason .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here