Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jordan Ayew

Yoda

English & European
Slightly different on the players you have signed, most unknown quantities with no experience of the premier league. This shouldnt be underestimated.

How many pundits and fans of other clubs said this about our signings last summer? I think the only one that didn't really work out was Markus Suttner.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Swansea's top scorer
Swansea's POTY
Premier League Experience
Good squad addition
Obviously taking all this into account is THE reason swansea were relegated

Hi TP, just wanted to wish you the very worst for this season and a pox on you and your fellow fans obviously. :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How many pundits and fans of other clubs said this about our signings last summer? I think the only one that didn't really work out was Markus Suttner.

.........and that was mainly because Bong played so well he didn't get much of a look-in (yet we've still upgraded the LB position in the window)

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Yes - think you'll find most (sensible) fans would agree staying up is the overwhelming objective, and anything above that would be something of a bonus. Agree the Palace squad should be comfortably top half but outside the top 6, virtually any team could end up in trouble if things don't go to plan.

Absolutely. If we have an injury crisis like last year, the same problems. Any 2nd year pl club cant have any aspirations outside of survival. What would concern me if I were a brighton fan would be the number of unknowns and quantity you have signed. A certain degree of of suck it and see. We did the same under Holloway but mostly British players with experience of England and/or the PL. You could argue that your signings have a better pedigree than ours at the time, the market has moved on but still you have to hope they can all gel.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
So you disagree? Tell me another season where all our top players had been injured like last season. Any team would suffer with what we went through last season. We cant be as unlucky again. Its a top premier league side as you would expect in our 6th season.

I do disagree mate. You are just one, like us, of the 14 teams who could get relegated or could come 8th. Who exactly in your World class squad sets you apart from the bunch?

Never quite understood why Palace have decided they are so good on paper and yet are consistently poor / average on grass. It happens every year. Typical Palace.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
.........and that was mainly because Bong played so well he didn't get much of a look-in (yet we've still upgraded the LB position in the window)

havent really looked at any pundits tbh, most intel comes from twitter moistly??? - which is probably as accurate as most of those ****wit pundits anway

Apologies replied to wrong post

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Do you think you'll be laughing at Palace next season? Our starting 11-16 players is very, very good. To say otherwise is just rivalry nonsense.

What are your expectations next season? We would be disappointed not to make top 10. With the number of players you have to hope bed in and acclimatise to the league I think anything beyond 17th has to be good for Brighton for this season. I see that alot of predictions seem to put brighton even in bottom three or hovering around the bottom. Would you say that is fair- as in just to stay up?

My sides. ****ing hell :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Absolutely. If we have an injury crisis like last year, the same problems. Any 2nd year pl club cant have any aspirations outside of survival. What would concern me if I were a brighton fan would be the number of unknowns and quantity you have signed. A certain degree of of suck it and see. We did the same under Holloway but mostly British players with experience of England and/or the PL. You could argue that your signings have a better pedigree than ours at the time, the market has moved on but still you have to hope they can all gel.

I think they're fair points, and most Brighton fans are rational enough to know this.

However, I think we'll stick with most of the starting 11 that finished last season to start with, with the odd change, and then the new players will be slowly integrated as they get fitter and bed in properly. I just don't see CH rushing many of his new signings into the first 11.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
I do disagree mate. You are just one, like us, of the 14 teams who could get relegated or could come 8th. Who exactly in your World class squad sets you apart from the bunch?

Never quite understood why Palace have decided they are so good on paper and yet are consistently poor / average on grass. It happens every year. Typical Palace.

I obviously do not need to list names, thats been done over and over. The only thing I can agree with you on is that football is indeed played on grass. If consistently mid table is average, then yeah I guess so.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Fair view, but the recruitment team (fed by CH's view and requirements) have a very good track record now in unearthing these diamonds that can step up - CH has also been very public about how players have to fit into the team ethos. If only 4-5 of those we've signed this window hit the mark, we'll be alright (there's bound to be at least one dud that doesn't quite work out, we know that). Those we've signed aren't window panic-buys, the club have been tracking them for months, and in many cases years.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
List them. Not Wilf - all the rest. Enlighten me.

Not really worth it is it mate

If you were to ask a neutral premier league football fan (who actually watches games) in my opinion it would be mostly Palace. I could well be incapable of thinking rationally though, I am a Palace fan after all.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
Christ. Another multi page thread on a Palace signing :shootself

Good to see the Wilf thread still going strong. What's that now - nearly 150 pages in 3 weeks :lolol:

Funny how we don't have any threads on any of yours. Some might call it an inferiority complex.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Damn straight, although I’d put it at 13.

Last season demonstrated that regardless of how long you’ve been “mid-table” the drop may be just round the corner.

Stoke, West Brom and Southampton have been solidly mid-table for some time - without looking I’d say longer than Palace - and two went down with the other close.

The margins between down, just safe and mid-table are wafer thin.

If fans of any side outside the top six (plus Everton) believe they will be mid-table this season because they have been in the past they are deluded. They might be, but they also might not be. There are no guarantees (as is the case if Crystal Palace owe you money).

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Funny how we don't have any threads on any of yours. Some might call it an inferiority complex.

That's largely because you goons keep coming here. If you arsed off back to your own forum then you can probably take part in them.

Also, nothing to feel inferior about. Nothing at all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Good to see the Wilf thread still going strong. What's that now - nearly 150 pages in 3 weeks :lolol:

Thats because we don't have an away fans end on here, dumbo. Everything goes on the main board.

Your own grubby forum has an away end with some TITANIC threads on BHA, some proper goonfests that have been rattling on for years.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Damn straight, although I’d put it at 13.

Last season demonstrated that regardless of how long you’ve been “mid-table” the drop may be just round the corner.

Stoke, West Brom and Southampton have been solidly mid-table for some time - without looking I’d say longer than Palace - and two went down with the other close.

The margins between down, just safe and mid-table are wafer thin.

If fans of any side outside the top six (plus Everton) believe they will be mid-table this season because they have been in the past they are deluded. They might be, but they also might not be. There are no guarantees (as is the case if Crystal Palace owe you money).

Absolutely. But you can give yourself the best chance with your squad of players. I would much rather being going into the new season with our squad than Brightons that is for sure. So many questions marks over your squad. No proven PL quality (new recruits). I get you may not make drastic changes this season but as we know its a squad game. Its all hypothetical anyway. reality kicks off tomorrow. Hallelujah

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
That's largely because you goons keep coming here. If you arsed off back to your own forum then you can probably take part in them.

The thing is you don't really think that do you. The Palace fans on here would not be starting 150 page threads on your players if they weren't on here laughing at your threads on ours.

The fact is that the attraction of coming on here is to have laugh at a set of fans who are incredibly bitter towards everything to do with our club. You don't get that on the BBS. We have an away fans end full of pointless threads bickering on attendances that 99% of users never bother to look at.

You need to start identifying as Brighton fans rather than anti-Palace fans. The hate us consuming you all!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Christ, another post from a Palace fan on a BHAFC board :shootself

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here