Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How does the 25 man Squad work then?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yes - I'm sure it is submitted today.

Yes - I'm sure the PL will publish all the squads on Sept 1st when they are finalised.

I am not sure if the albion will announce the initial squad they submitted today - but we'll know 18 of them tomorrow for sure.

I'm losing the plot a bit on this ... so Wolves have published their full squad numbers (23 if I can count), is that them done or can they add/change?

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20180810-squad-numbers-confirmed-for-201819/

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm losing the plot a bit on this ... so Wolves have published their full squad numbers (23 if I can count), is that them done or can they add/change?

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20180810-squad-numbers-confirmed-for-201819/
They can change - with permission from the PL.

The PL will not give them permission to totally re-jig the numbers, but if they loan out a player and bring in someone already on their books not previously nominated, then it'll be ok.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
From the past in the seventies. When Jo Kinnear lost us a vital promotion game at the Old Den, the Albion team bus left Fred Binney behind.

I still remember that day - Good Friday 1976, if I'm right. We were in green shirts and blue shorts, Kinnear's backpass gave Millwall an almighty lift, we lost 3-1 and that was the beginning of the end of our promotion chances.

The only faintly amusing thing was Millwall crowing about how the bumper crowd proved their fans were desperate for promotion. For their next home game they were back to a few thousand, while Aldershot, where we played, had their biggest crowd of the season.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
He hasn’t posted for 5 days, unless he put something up earlier and has since deleted it or has another account?

He put up a load of question marks yesterday, i guess he has deleted it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Will be a bit sad if Sooty gets the chop , i actually prefer him to Bong , that's not saying Bong should be dumped i would just like him to stay over the other obvious candidates .

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Well the team is in Watford and this is El Galgo an hour ago
dab31371b62e186a9ee6ebb178507353.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I still remember that day - Good Friday 1976, if I'm right. We were in green shirts and blue shorts, Kinnear's backpass gave Millwall an almighty lift, we lost 3-1 and that was the beginning of the end of our promotion chances.

The only faintly amusing thing was Millwall crowing about how the bumper crowd proved their fans were desperate for promotion. For their next home game they were back to a few thousand, while Aldershot, where we played, had their biggest crowd of the season.

Good Friday indeed. I remember because my parents had taken me out for a walk and when I got back they said on the radio that Brighton were trailing 2-0 at MIllwall. I remember asking Mum what 'trailing' meant.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
They can change - with permission from the PL.

The PL will not give them permission to totally re-jig the numbers, but if they loan out a player and bring in someone already on their books not previously nominated, then it'll be ok.

So, Sorry for being a bit thick and not getting it,

We have named 25 players in our squad.
We could then loan out (or sell?) 1 (or more) of those 25 before September 1st.
The PL will then allow us to name 1 (or more) player(s) to replace those loaned out.
The PL will then announce the updated squad (but we won't no if it's updated or not, because we haven't seen the original 25).
Can those in the original 25 play before being loaned out?
Why not just name the 25 on September 1st?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So, Sorry for being a bit thick and not getting it,

We have named 25 players in our squad.
We could then loan out (or sell?) 1 (or more) of those 25 before September 1st.
The PL will then allow us to name 1 (or more) player(s) to replace those loaned out.
The PL will then announce the updated squad (but we won't no if it's updated or not, because we haven't seen the original 25).
Can those in the original 25 play before being loaned out?
Why not just name the 25 on September 1st?
Yes that is correct.

I'd only be guessing if I answered the 'why' at the end.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
The issue here is getting the best deal for whoever it is that gets left out of the 18 to become 17

Announcing in public who has been left out makes them worthless and we give them away for free as everyone knows not in our 25

Also any of the 18 could pick up a long term injury before 31st August - so the decision makes itself

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I thought the 25 had to be named today, so anyone who hasn't traveled? I can't believe we would have taken someone up to tell them tonight!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The issue here is getting the best deal for whoever it is that gets left out of the 18 to become 17

Announcing in public who has been left out makes them worthless and we give them away for free as everyone knows not in our 25

Also any of the 18 could pick up a long term injury before 31st August - so the decision makes itself

I don't get why the squad isn't just named at close of play August 31 then?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here