Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How’s your Albion mojo the day before the season kicks off?

How’s your Albion mojo our season kicking off tomorrow?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Results from 18 July’s poll were:

1 - 0%
2 - .39%
3 - .39%
4 - 0%
5 - 3.5%
6 - 6.61%
7 - 28.46%
8 - 35.80%
9 - 17.12%
10. - 9.73 %

So we were feeling pretty good overall a few weeks ago, so how about now, with just over 24 hours to go before kickoff and quite a few signings later?

I have moved up one notch on the mojometer to a 9

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Probably a solid 7 pushing 8 but will be mildly annoyed to see Bernardo as the only starter tomorrow from the new boys and March flattering to deceive down the left for about the forth season in a row!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Up to an 8. Very excited, quality of forwards potentially a concern for me, Montoya a good signing.

Bring it on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
It's always high just before the first match of the season; ever the optimist. Right now, after an active transfer window, playing in the Premier League, supporting one of the best run clubs in the country, having made a combination of steady and spectacular progress since 2009, I think it is only right that I say 10.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Would have been 9 if the club had got it's perennial striker issues finally sorted out.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Seven. Pleased with the signings although I've never heard of most of them. Recruitment team clearly know what they are doing to so happy to go with that. Worry for me is that everyone else has gone for it too. I was pleasantly surprised last season by the lack of quality in teams near the bottom. Not so sure we'll see that this season as everyone has strengthened considerably. Going to be a tough year IMO but at least we are stronger and better equipped for the task...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Would have been 9 if the club had got it's perennial striker issues finally sorted out.

**** me, I doubt mine would have been as low as 2 if we hadn’t made a single signing. Are you sure you don’t want to think about swapping allegiances to City or Liverpool :wink:

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Am at an 8.. I think I probably was before too.. I am happy with our transfers, just a little surprised at the spending of some of our rivals...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
**** me, I doubt mine would have been as low as 2 if we hadn’t made a single signing. Are you sure you don’t want to think about swapping allegiances to City or Liverpool :wink:

I guess I had a bad nights sleep.
Although I was so excited at the prospect of a new mobile strikeforce to have pulled out from under me, at the 11th hour, feels like Christmas has been postponed.

I am also doing my very best to get a hattrick from Murray tomorrow.

Thank me later!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
On the fence. Lets see how the new guys play before jumping one side or the other. On paper we've not had the best window with Fulham & Wolves (potential relegation teams) spending big but in CH and the backroom staff we trust and believe the players will gell on the pitch.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I'm more optimistic than last season as I was very disappointed that we hadn't signed a striker. Looking forward to a mid table season

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Oh what the hell, it's a 10. Really really excited, indeed I can't remember being this excited before a season before - and I'm 61.

As I said on another thread, no doubt at 5 o'clock on Saturday I'll come back down to earth with a bump, but for now .... Woo hoo! Yes! Yes! Yes! Come on you seagulls!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Seven from me.

Let's see how the new boys fit in.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
9 probably over excited, but that's what this is all about................down to 4 by 5pm Saturday :)

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
10. We've never had it so good, and this is the strongest Brighton& Hove Albion squad ever assembled. It won't get much better than this.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

8 for me (pushing 9) . I like the way we have gone about our business and appear to have competed with (and beaten if reports are to be believed) other Clubs we might consider similar in stature to singings.
The reality for me is that we really need the new guys to gel, and hope that they can adapt and bring their quality to bear on the pitch. If we can see more goals coming from more players we should have a great season. There is risk involved and with the fixture list we may find ourselves in the thick of it (Bottom 3), by the end of September.. that's when we need the new guys (and the fans) to have bought into the philosophy etc.
We have strengthened (On paper) in key areas, last nights signing was the bonus for me and the only gap I was disappointed that we hadn't filled up to that point. I also think our strengthening gives us a little more chance of a cup run..
Not sure what else we could have done without gambling beyond what is reasonable for a 2nd season in the PL.. I don't want or expect to compete with Wolves for spending.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Pleased with the transfer activity but still a slight concern about our goal scoring ability.

Hopefully that concern will have been put to bed by game 10 when the season has had a chance to bed in!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here