Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three reasons why I am glad the transfer window is shut!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
i)Uncle Tony has run out of cheques.

ii)The last two months with constant amazing singings has been bad for my BP.

iii)We have run out of numbers. May I suggest a 17A & 17B or similar? Like on the buses!

Fantastic theatre though.

TNBA

TTF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:shrug:

Three reasons why th sun will rise tomorrow????

OK I'll bite.

Dunk is still here

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
1) No one uses cheques anymore, infact the phrase "get the cheque book out" only now exists in football because "come on Tony, get the online banking transfer done" doesn't quite work as an angry rant.

2) I've loved it, the Jahanbakhsh thread was a beautiful time to be alive, up their with the Vincente thread for me. Everyone will remember what they were doing on the afternoon of July 25th (mainly tracking flights on Flight Radar and trying to work out if the plane was going to take a last min diversion to the Midlands).

3) We are a football team not a bus company. I am all for some of the higher numbers being used, 88 has always struck me as being a particularly flair number to wear.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
i)Uncle Tony has run out of cheques.

ii)The last two months with constant amazing singings has been bad for my BP.

iii)We have run out of numbers. May I suggest a 17A & 17B or similar? Like on the buses!

Fantastic theatre though.

TNBA

TTF

Or
1) No one predicts fog bound games anymore
2) Inbound transfer targets are banned from using the M25
3) Spot how many times Paul Barber slyly looks at his watch during fans forums.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
1) No one uses cheques anymore, infact the phrase "get the cheque book out" only now exists in football because "come on Tony, get the online banking transfer done" doesn't quite work as an angry rant.

I wrote two over the weekend, as it happens (although they were checks, of course, and it admittedly is a rare occurrence these days).

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

2) I've loved it, the Jahanbakhsh thread was a beautiful time to be alive, up their with the Vincente thread for me. Everyone will remember what they were doing on the afternoon of July 25th (mainly tracking flights on Flight Radar and trying to work out if the plane was going to take a last min diversion to the Midlands).

3) We are a football team not a bus company. I am all for some of the higher numbers being used, 88 has always struck me as being a particularly flair number to wear.

All future transfer signings MUST be preceded by a flight on a private jet, even if it's from Shoreham, over the cement works and back to Shoreham because that really was a great day!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Think you have just nailed it why i quite enjoy the transfer window nowadays, unsubscribing from sky is the key :)

I unsubscribed two years ago and saved £1500pa. You can catch it all on Cricfree anyway and it reduces the 'must watch the football because I have paid £120 pcm to do so!' pressure.

In fact, due in most to it being such a fabulous Summer, I have hardly watched any TV over the past four months and in reality, haven't missed it one iota.

TNBA

TTF

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I unsubscribed two years ago and saved £1500pa. You can catch it all on Cricfree anyway and it reduces the 'must watch the football because I have paid £120 pcm to do so!' pressure.

In fact, due in most to it being such a fabulous Summer, I have hardly watched any TV over the past four months and in reality, haven't missed it one iota.

TNBA

TTF
And you can just use your friends Sky Go Extra and watch it all for free!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here