Votes: 27 12.4%

Votes: 3 1.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.5%

• I prefer to use dance (post video please)

• Total voters

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
8. Main concern being that we haven’t brought in anyone with PL experience. On paper our business is excellent but it is taking a gamble that the players adapt quickly to the league. I am also slightly concerned that our two back up keepers are worse than last year and we are losing Ryan for most of January. That could turn out to be the difference between staying up and going down.

It is still, undoubtably, the best Albion squad we have ever had though. Competition everywhere (but keeper). I’m looking forward to the season much more than I was last year.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
6/10 but hoping for better.

I'm optimistic about Bissouma and Alireza and pleased we strengthened at full-back, which I've advocated for a while.

Balogun did what you would expect a central defender to do in the World Cup without looking anything extra-special, and I'm hoping we don't learn much about the goalkeepers and that Maty Ryan's trip to the Asian Cup coincides with plenty of cup games with the league games in between all frozen off.

But like some others, I'm worried about the strikeforce. I still have no idea what Locadia's best position is, Glenn Murray isn't getting any younger, and Andone came pre-injured, which seems to be an Albion thing these days. I expect we'll get a few goals from wide positions, but it may be a matter of even greater urgency that defenders and central midfielders weigh in this time round.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've given it a 10. I can't believe what we've managed to do in just 3 months:

1. Beaten our transfer record twice.
2. Kept all our stars.
3. Improved our squad.
4. Bought an incredibly exciting player in Ali J.
5. Done a lot of good business early.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
10 from me.

This year’s window theme was ‘goal scoring wingers’!

Ali J for the 1st team
Percy Tau for next year?
Arce and Dreyer for 2020/21?

We’ve signed one for now and a few for the future.

Of course they were all top scorers in their various divisions with the exception of Arce but his time will come.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Like others I can't really rate it - I'll let you know when I've seen them play and how the results go. Proof of the pudding and all that. For all we know we could have signed too many in one go, they won't gel, most will be a load of duds who'll ruin the squad harmony and we'll get relegated with a massive wage bill.

However I really don't think that will be the case. I'm keeping the negative thoughts in mind as they're helping me stay anchored in reality, because in my wilder flights of fantasy I think this window has been absolutely brilliant and I've got us close to 'doing a Leicester'. I'm actually far more excited at the start of this season than I was before the last one, because then I did have a real fear that we'd 'do a Derby'. No doubt by 5 o'clock on Saturday I'll have come back to earth with a bump!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The one this time last year got a 5 off me, This one gets a solid 8.

We've done business early and we've done some potentially clever deals that will stand the club in good stead in the future. We've been chasing Andone a while so we must be confident he'll do a job. Ali J looks a genuinely exciting player. Balugon looked very decent at the World Cup and will stil probably be only third choice and the little I've seen of Bernardo and Bassuma excites me greatly. I've seen Montoya and he'll be excellent, even more so with Bruno to school him for a season. So far a 10/10 window.

Then drop two points, one for each keeper, neither of whom I rate at all.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
On paper it's been excellent. We've improved at full back, got real competition in midfield, got a star player out wide and got a speedy striker. We should be strong all over the pitch with quality replacements and we should be able to pose much more of an attacking threat.

That's all on paper though, we'll have to see how they actually do on the pitch. With the recruitment teams and Hughton's record though I'm currently feeling very positive.

The only real downside is the fact that after a really enjoyable world cup so few of the signings are English - even the U23 signings have been mostly foreign. I know and understand all the arguments about quality and value but it would be great if we could at least start bringing through English players even if we can't afford to sign them.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I give it an 8 based on the fact that all transfers were covering some notable gaps in the squad and were executed quickly and efficiently.

It looks like we have spent well, but only time will tell.

Hoping to upgrade my rating to 9 after a few games, but more likely dropping a point or two.
Very few players live up to their pre-singing hype. But if one of them turns out to be a Gross we will have done very well indeed.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Almost the perfect window. We looked at the 25 man squad and tried to replace all those who didn't regularly appear in the match day 18. We then signed some additional players who we believe are improvements on the existing squad.

Down sides, HGP's could leave us in a position of limited options in the next window. Selling Goldson seems a daft choice as he appeared to be a capable replacement. Goalkeepers don't seem as good as last years and some decent keepers have moved around this window.

An 8 from me, I don't see how we could've done better with the incoming except the goalkeeper and Goldson is -1

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think Goldson had to move on for personal reasons and to maintain integrity etc. I feel the club would have loved to have kept him but that was not an option if he was not going to start the majority of games. I do not think he is quite good enough for that in the premiership with the pressure the team comes under defensively.

I give it an 8. We have bought a good lot of decent quality players by the looks of things who stand a good chance of making it. There are no outright real proven premier quality purchases and if there is a concern, that is it.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It looks like a very good window but at this point, on the eve of the new season, we don't know much about most of the new signings. For me there's still a question about how how strong we are up front so a bigger striker name would have been welcome but for now, we must back the recruitment team. It looks like a 7.5 - 8 out of ten window.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Which of the players in the squad are getting younger? This could augur really well for the youth teams in a few years time!

They all got a picture of Dorian Gray as a survival bonus last year.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
A very good window in general, BUT in my opinion we are still short of strikers and could have done with one more recognised goal-scorer. Currently we have Murray - years catching up with him; Hemed - not really PL quality; Locadia - unproven; Andone - yet to kick a ball in the PL. Welbeck on loan would have been perfect.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here