Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worst Window

Worst Window

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Worst Spurs- I simply don't think they intended to sign nobody.
Best Wolves. Jimenez, Moutinho and Patricio for £5million. Vast experience and quality. `Signing up the best players they had on loan last year.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm on the fence on this one. I remember last year all the pundits were creaming themselves over Swansea who were reckoned to have had the best window (with West Brom not far behind) - look how that turned out. We have no idea how some of these players will fare in the PL, the Albion could have done a Swansea and signed a load of flops or we could be pushing for a Europa place.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I'm on the fence on this one. I remember last year all the pundits were creaming themselves over Swansea who were reckoned to have had the best window (with West Brom not far behind) - look how that turned out. We have no idea how some of these players will fare in the PL, the Albion could have done a Swansea and signed a load of flops or we could be pushing for a Europa place.

I think the difference is that CH will only introduce the new players slowly and if he thinks they are better. Our first 11 last season did OK so no hurry to prove the money spent was well spent.I do think we now have a squad (25) who can compete and if we have less luck this season with injuries and suspensions then I believe we have better back up than we did last season.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
If there had been absolutely no question of Zaha leaving, and he had signed his new contract, would you still be as happy?
Or, has Parrish played you all, and, gets away with a not great window and not a lot of criticism?

Honest question.

Honest answer, there was absolutely no question that Zaha would be leaving palace in this window, hence my comment some while back.

Watching the media frenzy was amusing mind.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I'm on the fence on this one. I remember last year all the pundits were creaming themselves over Swansea who were reckoned to have had the best window (with West Brom not far behind) - look how that turned out.

Eh? Last season every journalist was creaming over Everton’s window, Swansea hardly got a mention in comparison. ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Plastics in the home counties are revolting:

IMG_2815.PNG

IMG_2814.PNG

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I wish someone would call a phone in and ask a so called pundit to name several players at a club like ours. They know jack shit about football beyond the bleeding obvious. I now only listen when quality football journalists like Winter, Hayward, Barclay etc are guests. The rest are clowns reading out betting odds mostly in-between boring stories from their dressing room days.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
In terms of expectation, Man U. In terms of quality of signings, i think Palace, Cardiff and Newcastle are very hard to split and will probably all struggle this season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This.

And deja vu, Everton are loved yet again.

Appears to be a direct correlation between a club's level of transfer spending on 'names' and football writers expenditure on KY.

Not how I recall it. My memory is of pundits asking why Koeman had bought three number 10s and no striker to replace Lukaku. On the other hand, people were raving at Swansea's coup in getting Sanches, one of the stars of Euros just a year before and pointing out that they'd managed to attract Abraham, a target for many clubs (including the Albion) and that hot prospect from Las Palmas (whose name I've forgotten), as well as enticing Bony back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Spurs should have brought players in but don't underestimate the business they've done in keeping their stars on long-term contracts.

They've smashed their wage structure to keep Kane, Alli , Son, Vertonghen, Lloris and they do have some decent kids coming through in Winks and Walker Peters. In precious years the likes of Kane and Vertonghen would have gone to Real and Man Utd.

I think Palace have had the worst window because they've lost Cabaye and Loftus Cheek, while there's a question mark about Zaha's commitment one or two decent signings and I fancy they'd be comfortably safe but us, Fulham, Wolves have all spent big and I think Palace will be sucked into a relegation struggle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here