Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Hughton rather oddly says they are going to name a squad of 25 tomorrow. Not sure how that’s possible with only 7 HGP - must be 24 - perhaps Norwood to get it up to 8 ?
And then Suttner or Hemed will have to go to get to 17 non HGP - we currently have 18.

Could be Schelotto ? Think Suttner most likely. Could we name Hemed but still let him go to a Championship team before month-end ? Conscious we’d then be down to 23 presumably.

Six full backs and 3 at centre half makes the squad somewhat unbalanced (until January at least), hence why most are thinking either Schelotto or Suttner to be omitted. But what if Hughton omitted BOTH Suttner and Schelotto? The Iranian world cup centre half with the same agent as AliRazor (Morteza Pouraliganji) is still listed as a free agent and could be brought in, irrespective of the transfer window being shut, to then balance the squad to 4 full backs and 4 at centre half. Re-evaluate in January with Dan Burn available to come in should we need to balance the HGP/non-HGP numbers due to any other incoming during the January window. This assumes there are no work permit issues for Pouraliganji. Still would need Norwood or another HGP to complete the 25 man squad - anyone know of a good free agent striker?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Could be Schelotto ? Think Suttner most likely. Could we name Hemed but still let him go to a Championship team before month-end ? Conscious we’d then be down to 23 presumably.

Exactly, we have three RBs and LBs, although likely to be Suttner, I certainly wouldn’t rule out Schelotto......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I do hope the people who attend such events do so as they have genuine concerns they wish to raise, or perhaps looking to get an insight into club policy?

No one would go to one just to show boat and ask dull questions to underpin their own self importance would they?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went to one when at Withdean and it appears the same questions are asked and the same non committal answers given at each now as then but at least it does allow certain people to up their own ego by saying they attended. If I considered it served a useful purpose I would attend at The Amex but until then count me out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
**** sake. The ****ing question about having everyone back from corners.

Every single year.

What a ****ing bellend.

Dean Saunders commented on the radio yesterday that this question has come up at every single Fan's Forum he's ever attended, so we're not unusual.......................

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I go to these every year, simply because it’s just a nice thing that I like to do at the launch of a new season.
I have asked questions in the past, but not the last couple of years

Anyways, all of this doesn’t make me:
a) a sycophant
b) a glory hunter
c) better than anyone else
d) a bigger fan than anyone else
e) an arse kisser / lap dog etc
f) egocentric

I’ve applauded some questions, and cringed / guffawed at others – and yes some people really need a reality check before they open their mouths – but the general criticism of people on here for those that are able to go is WAY over the top and bizarre. Get a grip FFS, it might have hurt your precious ears, but it hasn't harmed your lives.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I go to these every year, simply because it’s just a nice thing that I like to do at the launch of a new season.
I have asked questions in the past, but not the last couple of years

Anyways, all of this doesn’t make me:
a) a sycophant
b) a glory hunter
c) better than anyone else
d) a bigger fan than anyone else
e) an arse kisser / lap dog etc
f) egocentric

I’ve applauded some questions, and cringed / guffawed at others – and yes some people really need a reality check before they open their mouths – but the general criticism of people on here for those that are able to go is WAY over the top and bizarre. Get a grip FFS, it might have hurt your precious ears, but it hasn't harmed your lives.

Out of curiosity what 1 fact did you learn last night that you didnt know that is of interest to most supporters?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Out of curiosity what 1 fact did you learn last night that you didnt know that is of interest to most supporters?

Nothing springs to mind.
I didn't realise that was the point of going? If it was, the club wouldn't issue any news stories online and simply wait for such forums to update fans.

My understanding of a forum is a meeting where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged - in this case face to face. This might be useful for those who don't sit behind a computer 24/7, and who aren't so fully up to speed as people like yourself?

As mentioned before, I just go for a bit of fun and as a nicety to open the season with. I don't go to be educated, but if a nugget comes up then great.
My original post was a query as to why people like you feel it is necessary to knock people like me, just because you have a different stance on the event?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Each of our manager, CEO and chairman's stance on VAR.

That was interesting to me aswell as a few other things. I don't think anybody goes there to be the first in the loop with anything, really strange and absurd opinion some people have.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I watched the whole forum live on YouTube and found it an interesting and enjoyable curtain raiser to the season. I was pleased to hear direct from Tony Bloom before I found formal external confirmation of Montoya's signing. I think Chris seems much more relaxed and open with his views and ways of working. I appreciated all 3 turning out on a Thursday before the season kicks off when they might have preferred to relax at home with a glass of red after the last day of the transfer window. I'm always going to groan inside at one or two of the questions, but not every fan duplicates my outlook and and if they have a question, let them ask. Next stop the list of 25, then bring on Watford.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Missed it, anyone do the 'norff stand extension' gag?

No, but there was the 'can the capacity be enlarged'

to which PB said he was always pushing Martin(?) to try to find a few extra seats here and there, and the developed that to a few hundred seats.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing springs to mind.
I didn't realise that was the point of going? If it was, the club wouldn't issue any news stories online and simply wait for such forums to update fans.

My understanding of a forum is a meeting where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged - in this case face to face. This might be useful for those who don't sit behind a computer 24/7, and who aren't so fully up to speed as people like yourself?

As mentioned before, I just go for a bit of fun and as a nicety to open the season with. I don't go to be educated, but if a nugget comes up then great.
My original post was a query as to why people like you feel it is necessary to knock people like me, just because you have a different stance on the event?

We obviously view the event with different expectations and attitudes. I want to hear something or views that I didnt know or can find on the internet but am not decrying those who do go. I am sure there are many who go to be seen by the top table 3 as being there.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
We obviously view the event with different expectations and attitudes. I want to hear something or views that I didnt know or can find on the internet but am not decrying those who do go. I am sure there are many who go to be seen by the top table 3 as being there.

Weird thing to suggest. I doubt the top table 3 would be remotely worried who is there and I don't know of any supporters who are so fan boy like that they wake up and think I must dash to the forum, Tony will be sad if I don't attend

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here