Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier league pundits relegation picks

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There's a lot of respect (and increasing knowledge, even amongst tools like Merson) for what the club are doing (and how we're doing it), and especially for CH.........can see why they think we're a reasonable bet to be safe - steady progression and all that.

Cardiff, Hudds and Newcastle for me.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Surprised no-one’s picked us. More surprised that no-one’s picked Saints or Burnley.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm hoping Saints, Newcastle and Watford will very much be in the relegation mix.

Cardiff and Huddersfield as well, obviously.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Here's an early call for you..................Wolves, Cardiff and Huddersfield for the drop.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Really think Burnley will struggle. Their squad is paper-thin, and all they've signed so far is Gibbs (Championship CB), Vydra (Championship striker) and Joe Hart.

If they get through against this Turkish mob and then the next two-legged tie at the end of the month, then that'll be an extra TWELVE games they play this side of Christmas, with some of them at some far-flung griefholes at the arse-end of the continent. They'll have played on 6 consecutive Thursdays by the end of the month.

I'm going Cardiff, Hudds, and (if they qualify), Burnley. It'll stuff their season IMO.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's going to be tough for us but I can see us finishing in around the same position as last year. I think the following teams will be beneath us:

Cardiff - A given I think, they just don't have the quality you need to survive. They've get a big scalp at some stage but won't win enough games against sides outside the top 6.

Huddersfield - Not convinced by the signings they've made, they struggled in the second half of the season once they got found out.

Watford - if they get their big players back and fit then they'll be fine, however I wouldn't be surprised to see them struggle and then get rid of their Manager.

Southampton - Probably be ok but I think bottom half and I think will be below us in the table.

Burnley - Not enough depth to fight on both fronts, if they continue in Europe I can see them being in trouble.

Newcastle - Scraping around for cheap bargains is not what you expect for what should be a top 10 Club. However with the turmoil off the pitch and uninspiring signings on it, I can see us being above them come the end of the season.

So I think we have the chance to be above that lot, however it'll be down to 1 or 2 points whether we finish 17th or 14th

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
can see why they think we're a reasonable bet to be safe - steady progression and all that.
Doesn't feel like a safe bet to me. We're progressing nicely, but other teams are progressing too. The teams that were making a mess of last season (like Palace, Wet Sham, Everton) are all in a better state this season. Wolves aren't likely to go down with what they've been spending (and the fact they were decent last season).

I'm predicting another season of stress, and desperately seeking points.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Doesn't feel like a safe bet to me. We're progressing nicely, but other teams are progressing too. The teams that we making a mess of last season (like Palace, Wet Sham, Everton) are all in a better state this season. Wolves aren't likely to go down with what they've been spending (and the fact they were decent last season).

I'm predicting another season of stress, and desperately seeking points.

Oh I agree entirely - I didn't say I thought we were a safe bet, I can just see why they think we might be. They're often wrong (they were last season :))

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cardiff and Warnock will probably enjoy being written off by everyone.

I'd go

Cardiif , Hudds then between us / Watford / Fulham

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Interesting that no-one has gone for Palace - if they lose Zaha I think they will struggle badly. Otherwise, I think it will be the same as last year (and the year before and before that) - there will be one absolute certainty for the drop from almost day one (this year probably Cardiff) and then pick any two from twelve. My guess alongside Cardiff is Bournemouth and Huddersfield but us (along with lots of other teams) won't be safe until 2/3 games to go.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
https://www.football365.com/news/they-are-here-f365s-season-predictions-2018-19

A couple of the F365 folk have us to go down. Weirdly Sarah Winterburn, who is generally sensible, writes off our transfer business on the grounds she couldn’t pick any of them out of a lineup.

I wonder how familiar she was with Gross, Propper, Ryan and Izquierdo this time last year.

......and one of them, I'm not sure who, also predicted Yves Bissouma to be the signing of the season!

Of course, this is all nonsense. Wolves, Fulham and Cardiff will go straight back down. Everybody knows that. It's in the rules, it always happens that way!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
https://www.football365.com/news/they-are-here-f365s-season-predictions-2018-19

A couple of the F365 folk have us to go down. Weirdly Sarah Winterburn, who is generally sensible, writes off our transfer business on the grounds she couldn’t pick any of them out of a lineup.

I wonder how familiar she was with Gross, Propper, Ryan and Izquierdo this time last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For a degree of balance, Daniel Storey has this to say in the 'signing most likely to make a positive difference' section:

'Random shout: Yves Bissouma. He looks the business and could be the difference between Brighton staying up and going down."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Stains, Udders and Cardiff for me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I reckon Cardiff, Huddersfield and either Palace or Watford.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here