Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Montoya

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
i would be very happy with this one if it comes off. a replacement for El Capitan is a massive need. Send Schelotto out on loan.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Really excited about this one, think it is an area of the squad that definitely needs strengthening, especially with some of the 'performances' Schelotto put in towards the end of last season. Hoping the deal is done...

Indeed.The club have addressed the weaknesses at full back and signed two quality and experienced fullbacks for this coming season.
Great piece of business to get Montoya for EUR 7 millions.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Really excited about this one, think it is an area of the squad that definitely needs strengthening, especially with some of the 'performances' Schelotto put in towards the end of last season. Hoping the deal is done...
Absolutely
Don’t rate Schelotto at all. Terrible control and positioning and always getting moaned at by Duffy.
I know a lot of people like him but he’s a massive weak link for me.
Great improvement on the R/B position if we get this one over the line

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
One of the most important aspects of a new RB for me is how he can link up with Knocky. It is no secret Knocky plays better with Bruno behind him than with anyone else.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Would be very happy with that signing - I love Bruno, but he can't do 38 games a season any more, and Schelotto just seems too inconsistent to me.

Probably just Deadline Day waffle though.

He must be good if you like him. I know you watch Spanish football.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Absolutely
Don’t rate Schelotto at all. Terrible control and positioning and always getting moaned at by Duffy.

Completely agree. Fingers crossed!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely

Totally agree. Schelotto struggles badly in defending. I'm not swayed by the charging forward in a fee games. Great when it happens, but he's a consistent liability at the other end.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Totally agree. Schelotto struggles badly in defending. I'm not swayed by the charging forward in a fee games. Great when it happens, but he's a consistent liability at the other end.

Looked horrendous away from home shortly before losing his place back to Bruno.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can't complain about a Spanish right back especially one from Valencia. I hope Bruno makes the 25. Hemed could have to the end of the month to find a club in Spain?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I hope this one goes through. This guys average pass completion throughout his career is 84.4%, thats impressive. To put it into context, David Silva's is only slightly higher at 86.3% and he is one of the best passers in the league.

This is how our current best stack up:

Dale Stephens 83.6%
Anthony Knockaert 81.9%
Berham Kayal 80.8%
Bruno 80.4%
Ezequiel Schelotto 78.6%
Davy Propper 77.6%
Pascal Gross 71.3%

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I hope this one goes through. This guys average pass completion throughout his career is 84.4%, thats impressive. To put it into context, David Silva's is only slightly higher at 86.3% and he is one of the best passers in the league.

This is how our current best stack up:

Dale Stephens 83.6%
Anthony Knockaert 81.9%
Berham Kayal 80.8%
Bruno 80.4%
Ezequiel Schelotto 78.6%
Davy Propper 77.6%
Pascal Gross 71.3%

That Gross fella looks pants. We should bin him sharpish.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Exactly my opinion.
Also impacts on both Duffy and Knockaert’s performances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I quite like Schelotto as a winger/midfielder rather than a right back where he is a liability at times.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here