Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion bottom of the Premier League...

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
The whole kit thing pisses me off without fail every year. And it pisses me off that it pisses me off, because it really shouldn't. How can something that should be so simple end up as such a cluster**** season after season?

What we need for our home kit is THIS (admittedly with a more modern collar). And the back should look like THIS (with the panel starting slightly higher to incorporate the player's name). And that is IT. No stupid design features or gimmicks. Just THIS. Piss easy.
Yup.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Quite. Particularly when you look at the abysmal effort Palace are wearing at home this season.

I was a bit meh when I first saw their kit reveal. Fast forward to seeing their new home shirt being worn in matches and its true ugliness really shines through. You can bang on about templates all you like, but when you get some semi-bespoke piece of crap like their red and blue effort with the horrendously ugly fade effect on the bottom half, frankly we have lucked out by comparison.

It's all quite simple really, red and blue just don't go together, never have, never will, not in any form. Nothing to do with it being Palarse, the Barca kit is just as bad. Aldershot and York City too, if you can remember that far back.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And the back should look like THIS (with the panel starting slightly higher to incorporate the player's name). And that is IT. No stupid design features or gimmicks. Just THIS. Piss easy.

Player names are MUCH wider than the old-style number box, though.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I often feel in the minority when it comes to our kits. I tend to like the less popular ones, and dislike the popular ones. It's all subjective really, isn't it, but the fact they listed Palace so high and Brighton bottom has me suspicious about the impartiality of the author.

I wouldn't put Albion quite so low, but Palace's duo are MUCH nicer than ours this season, imo. (Sponsor aside, of course)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The whole kit thing pisses me off without fail every year. And it pisses me off that it pisses me off, because it really shouldn't. How can something that should be so simple end up as such a cluster**** season after season?

What we need for our home kit is THIS (admittedly with a more modern collar). And the back should look like THIS (with the panel starting slightly higher to incorporate the player's name). And that is IT. No stupid design features or gimmicks. Just THIS. Piss easy.

As long as they made sure they got that central blue stripe dead central. That slightly off centre finish really upsets my OCD sensibilities.
peterward76.jpg

At least it was slightly better than this effort modelled by Sully. It looks like it was stitched together and presemted to him at Christmas by his well meaning grandma. Reminds me of a homemade Starsky cardigan I used to have in the 70s (still do actually. Use it for sitting on the toilet first thing in the morning in winter).

f13069fe87e29ac924149971f84af6b2.jpg

And there's absolutely no excuse for Ken Beamish's little number...

brighton-hove-albion-ken-beamish-4564791.jpg

Attachments

• osullivan.jpg
    osullivan.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

Arvin

Jul 24, 2018
Washington DC
I'll be honest, i love the home kit + white shorts. Ordered my Jahanbakhsh one not long ago. I understand it might not necessarily be a unique Nike template, but it's certainly easy on the eye. Will be happily sporting it in support this season!

Many have shown images of kits from before large sponsorships took the front and center real-estate. Admittedly, all kits from that era looked markedly better than today in large part because you could simply see more of it as opposed to some hideous brand logo.

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
I personally like the kits I think they’re simple sure, but they look good at the end of the day. I’m going to be purchasing a home and away in the near future. Where would you guys recommend I order that will ship to New York?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I loved the lighter shade of blue of the "Argentina" shirt. I preferred last season's shirts. The current home shirt is too simple with stripes that are too wide and with white shorts - yuk. The away shirt is worse - even more plain and in minging green. As for the black goalkeeper shirt, it's nearly as bad as the black away shirt. I loved the orange and volt yellow away shirts. I reluctantly bought the home shirt as I wanted a BHA shirt but no way would I buy the green one even though I regularly attend away matches. Hopefully there will be an improvement next season. I hope we get rid of Nike.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I prefer the away to the home. It's definitely grown on me but not enough to make me part with my cash, both of them are pretty naff really. The only footy top I've bought this year is the England training top and it looks like that will be it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wouldn't put Albion quite so low, but Palace's duo are MUCH nicer than ours this season, imo. (Sponsor aside, of course)

Are you serious ?

Rivalries aside, Palace's home kit, as usual, is a gaudy bag of pigs vomit. As someone else mentioned on this thread, putting red and blue stripes together is a migraine-inducing MESS. Its like telling a 5 year old to draw something "colourful" and letting them loose with a box of crayons. Its a comically vile colour combo, brutally reinforced by the fact that they are the ONLY club in the entire 92 who ever go anywhere near it (are Dagenham still in the League ?).

Barca get away with it because they've toned it down to a darker blue and a deeper rouge. Palace always look like they're playing on a 1970's TV with the colour contrast turned right up to the max. Hideous. And all topped off with that utterly CATASTROPHIC sponsor. Vile.

I was going to put a picture of it up to illustrate the point, but I appreciate some people are still having their breakfast.

Last edited:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Considering the world wide money spinner that is the PL replica kit business, you would think that each team would warrant its own dedicated team of designers who could talk directly to the club and it’s sponsers.
This Henry Ford model of kit design is in general very poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here